John Lewis goods not fit for purpose

missile

Apr 4, 2015
aberdeen
We purchased a Samsung 55HU7200 TV from John Lewis in Nov 2014.
It developed a fault within a week. John Lewis came and replaced the TV. Since then we have had it repaired twice and today it has the fault yet again.

We have contacted JL today and they offered to send an engineer on Thursday, between 8.00 and 18.00 hours.

We said we don't feel that a TV which breaks four times in four months is acceptable and asked for a refund. This was refused.

We said it is unreasonable to ask us to wait 10 hours and asked for a specified appointment time. This was refused.

We asked for JL to make an appointment to remove the TV and bring it back after repair. This was refused.

This is not the quality of service we expect and raised a Customer Complaint. They have rejected our complaint.

We believe this TV is not fit for purpose and request advice from anyone who has successfully pursued a similar claim against JL or any other retailer.

lemon grass

May 9, 2015
I bought faulty Cannon camera a couple of years ago from Carrys, it was worst than JL service. I was requested to contact Cannon directly. repaired twice under than 3 times of using, when I requested refund from Cannon, they just simply rejected. I wasn't aware that I could have contacted credit card company as they have liability when consumer had dispute with supplier. So contact to your credit card company, they may help.

missile

Apr 4, 2015
aberdeen
Thanks for your response.

I am pleased to report that eventually JL agreed to exchange the TV. We chose a Sony and JL gave us a refund for the difference in price.

Result :)

DavidBlack

May 22, 2015
Congrats Missile! JL always fix in the end I find (when you pester them enough).

Best of luck with everything :)