Problems with your Corroding VW Passat (or other model) Anti-corrosion warranty

max_gain

May 6, 2015
If you own a Rusting VW Passat (or other model) and you have struggled getting VW to honour their 12 Yr. Anti-Corrosion warranty, then you may find the informative site I have put together useful.

This has been put together to help all and sundry deal with VW in order to get them to just repair our cars and stop fobbing us all off with defects they consider are only covered for the first few years.

It is primarily aimed at the B6 Passat, but the same principles stand for whatever model you own and you’re having issues with.

corroding-volkswagens.com

max_gain

May 6, 2015
Rusty's wall of shame is up and running.

corroding-volkswagens.com/rustys-wall-of-shame/

If ANYONE out there is struggling to get VW to take responsibility for their corroding VW, then feel free to contact me on max_gain @ btinternet.com and I will willing publish images of your corrosion, just to add a little more leverage to your claims process that’s all.

Stu

max_gain

May 6, 2015
Well after a lot of Argy Bargy with VW, they finally relented and honoured their warranty. GREAT RESULT !!

Car goes into VW Sinclair Swansea Body Shop to be repaired. Three doors and a tailgate to be precise. Whilst it’s there, they notice corrosion on both front wings so decide to repair this for me also. Another GREAT RESULT.

Unfortunately, they never replaced the tailgate number plates as per the TPi, because they say that VW TPi's are "Open To Interpretation". However now that I raised the issue, they would add them to the claim and if its paid, they will order them and replace.

2nd Unfortunately, the front wings have indentation/divot like marks in them all across the wing.

Sinclair Swansea rang me to advice the claim for the tailgate lights was processed successfully and that they are on order. After looking at the images of the defects in both front wings, he concluded these are stone chips that they sprayed over. As I pretty much know every surface of the car, because I am anal like that, I know where almost every stone chip is FACT. And I know there were NONE on either wings.

I don’t know if these images will show just a small sample of the marks.

Links to the images

i.imgur.com/Smr3qXg.jpg

i.imgur.com/YDzQsgg.jpg

max_gain

May 6, 2015
Well, my wife took the vehicle to a local reputable body shop just for a second opinion from a "Qualified eye". Two of them looked it over and basically said it’s just a poor quality job. May I add that they are nowhere near Sinclair and not in competition with them, so the advice is totally unbiased.

I am waiting for Sinclair to get back to me to discuss collecting the car to have the lights fitted and further inspect the quality of their work.

I am hoping it just gets resolved as I really want to just put this whole sorry episode behind me.

max_gain

May 6, 2015
For those of you struggling and contemplating pursuing their claim through the small claims court, please be aware, if you are sending a "Data Access Request" to VW in order to collate evidence for your claim, VW are playing stalling tactics and being highly obstinate in dealing with other recent claims. For a sample data access request letter and further guidance to ensure your request goes through without fuss please see the bottom of this updated page - corroding-volkswagens.com/advice-on-how-to-make-vw

It’s still remains a mystery why some dont have their vehicles covered, even when their service book is full of Main Dealer stamps.
There appears to be two routes.

1.They do it without fuss.
2.The customer is sent down the damage limitations route where you will be stalled every step of the way, hurdles put up in front of you and whereby every step forward is a fight.