How best to deal with Harvey's?

rogthedodge

Jun 12, 2015
We ordered two leather sofas in January, which were delivered in April. We immediately noticed a fault with the two seater and told the delivery man. Within 24 hours we had noticed several more faults, mainly poorly aligned cushions and stitching. I wrote a message to Harveys on their website, rejecting the sofas under SOGA as not of satisfactory quality, and asking for a full refund.

I heard nothing, so eventually rang them; the sent an Ecomaster (supposedly independent) technician to inpsect and report. Again I heard nothing, so when I rang Harveys last week , they told me the technician had found no fault!

I wrote a formal letter, quoting my original message, and restating my claim for a refund -I offered to consider a partial refund and keep the sofas. I received a text message telling me my only option was a second opinion, as the Ecomaster report was clear. I rang their 'customer care' line again, and arranged a second opinion, which I am now waiting for.

The Ecomaster report contained a very brief summary of his inspection, with blurry poor quality photographs. I am going to take high quality photos and send them to Harveys, whilst waiting for the second opinion.

The faults are clear to see; but I note on the Ecomaster website that their aim for their retail clients is 'to keep your goods sold' - so how can that be an independent view?

Clearly Harveys don't want to know, so how do I get them to take back the sofas and refund me? I'm aware of the Furniture Ombudsman, and I will threaten County Court action if I have to - does anyone else have experience of this kind of situation?

And does anyone have recent experience of claiming chargeback against a debit card provider for similar goods?

KIR

Jun 7, 2015
After many weeks and the threat of legal action we finally got the suite that was delivered(it was the wrong colour)lifted. The table and chairs never arrived. We cancelled the order and got our money back. The delivery men who removed the suite were so nice and their customer care was excellent. Those in power at Harveys should get them to give their managers a course in how to deal with the public.