Sky - Phones Call's We Haven't Made!

ricky8r

Jun 18, 2015
Hi Guys,

I'm writing for a little bit of advice regarding a recent Sky bill my mother has received. My mum subscribes to Sky TV, Broadband and Sky Talk. She has a contract with vodafone, so the Sky Talk at her home is never used!

Despite this, her most recent bill shows £31+ worth of call charges. Almost £20 of these are to the "Speaking Clock", number 123. The rest, £11, are to very suspicious looking numbers that neither me or my mother recognise. All of these numbers are very similar e.g. 01512111811, 01512112111, 01512112112, 01512112115 etc.

I spoke to Sky regarding these calls the other day who informed me they would be looked at. Today I have received a text informing me the charges will not be refunded! I really am disgusted in sky's response and neglect of what appears to be an underlying issue with their phone line! I'm also concerned there will be similar charges on my next bill!

Anyone had a similar situation or any advice on to how to get these charges wiped off? My mother is on incapacity benefit and really does not have money to throwing away on what appear to be fraudlent phone calks!

Thanks

Chris

Moviefan

Oct 7, 2015
Tyne & Wear
Hi,

I have heard recently about a similar situation. Apparently hackers are hacking in to broadband routers and using other people's phone lines to make expensive phone calls.
Not sure if it is only certain companies routers or if all are being hacked but i think it was on Norton's website that i read about it.

Don't know if this helps but i thought i should let you know