DRIVEWAY shared between four houses - problems

fred399

Sep 15, 2015
I have a problem with a drive shared between four houses on my 'close', it is not a road but a shared driveway. I have lived here for over 20 years with NO previous problems with neighbours.
As I understood things residents have a right to pass and repass to obtain access to their houses.
Since last year, the children who live in the house at the end of the drive (mine is at the top so everyone passes my house) have started to use the driveway as a playground. Especially for riding scooters up and down the driveway. Not only do the children who live at the end house use the drive as a playground but 8 of their closest friends do too. Even with 3 or 4 the noise is unbearable and because of the way the noise echoes around I can not hear myself think. I have approached the parents and suggested to them that the drive is not a playground - I have lived here longest so did not buy my house knowing it had a child problem - they say I DO NOT OWN THE DRIVE - my point is neither do they and their children are a nuisance and ruining my quiet enjoyment of my home.
The deeds do not say they can use the drive in this way.
What can be done?

I would also say that as it is a driveway it is unsafe for children to be playing there, my grandchildren are not allowed to play on the drive OR in the street.
They also ride on MY driveway to the front and side of my house and generally cause havoc. Parents not interested as long as they are out of their way.

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
Re: Jonathan P Walker Cowboy Builder

Jonathan P Walker COWBOY BUILDER

This person is the worst, he traded as REEF Homes and built unsafe houses, the last one took 140,000 to put right, this is borne out by the litigation, the out of court settlement and the planning officer of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
He has since changed his name to WOODHOUSE (Lund) Ltd and building the same unsafe properties as he did before. He will be caught again but he just changes his company and moves on. He has connections in the Council as he was a council Leader and his family take turns to hold that position (his uncle is now in that position) his family are the biggest landowners and his wife has the Nursery also in the village, also the Beverley council keep giving him planning permission, so something is wrong there as well.
Please can you help as someone will get hurt of even killed if he is not stopped, I have tried but the village council under the family control override it.