Stressless Leather Recliner

hinsby41

Oct 12, 2015
We purchased a Stressless leather chair on 16 May 2015 with a selection of special leather cleaning products. We applied the leather cream to the back of the chair and noticed the colour coming off the chair onto the cloth, leaving a patch where a head would rest. This was after less than 4 month's use.
We complained to the store but they said it was due to either beauty products or perspiration from the user's head and they could not help us as the chair was not faulty. They subsequently wrote to us and said that they would contribute 50% to the cost of a new back for the chair. This would cost us in excess of £400 adding to the large sum we had paid out 4 months previously. I might add the user is 78 and no longer feels the need for any "beauty products" neither does he have a sweaty head.

We feel that the chair should have been much more durable as it has only been used for what it is designed. Do you think we have a case under the Sale of Goods Act?

nothingbutepic

Oct 14, 2015
England
I think you have applied too much material during cleaning. not sure but just in my view, during cleaning too much liquid to be applied is not good.