Car accident! No my fault but..

Lucybaker89

Oct 20, 2015
Hi all just want to see what other people make of this as the other driver insists that the accident we had was my fault as in his words 'I cut him up!!'

Well first of all we we're both driving down a main road towards a roundabout. which then splits into 2 lanes, the left to turn left or go straight on or the right to go straight on or turn right. He was in the left and I was in the right, clearly marked on the road! The 2nd exit (which we both can exit) has 2 lanes leading to another roundabout, and as we both entered the roundabout I then became along side him (and slightly infront), and as I went to turn off the 2nd exit, BANG!! He hit the side of my car!

Now at the scene of the accident he stated that I had cut him up! I'm confussed because how could I have done this when I was following the lane I was in and he clearly wasn't. Also he then went on to say he had his right indicator on, whiich 1. How could i of seen your indicator I was along side of you. 2. Why was he indicating right wen he would of been exiting the exit to the left? Also just because he had his indicator on how can he possible think he was in the right? I was slightly infront of him he should of looked to his right and he would of seen me!

My insurance has agreed with me stating that I was in the right lane, but I'm just worried that he will make up lies, or misinterpret the truth and is deemed 50/50 when it is 100% his fault. And I lose out from someone's else's incompetence!

It just really annoys me how he just can't see that it was him at fault.

Would be really nice if someone can just reply and give me some advice :)

Thank you

jimbotech

Oct 13, 2015
He's obviously scared and knows he is in the wrong. If he gives you an inch then you can take him down. You just gotta hope that the system sees sense it seems!