New & needing advice pls :)

sybil

Jan 16, 2009
Hi, I'm Sybil from West Yorkshire. I've just discovered this forum & I'm hoping I can get some advice.
I bought a new kingsize bed & mattress for my husband & I on the 11 Nov 08 and much to my dismay it's already started 'bowing' on both sides. I'm unsure as to whether it's the memory foam mattress or the design of the bedstead but it's uncomfortable to say the least.
What are my rights on returning said items?
Many thanks

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Sybil, Welcome to the forum

When you say bowing do you mean the mattress or the bed frame? Did you buy it online or in a shop? Did you pay on credit card? Who did you buy it from? i.e. are they still trading? Sorry about all the questions.

Tony

sybil

Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for quick reply Tony! Furniture World still in business (local family firm), paid with debit card (have receipt), think it's the actual frame that seems unable to take the weight (we're both of average build) there's no stabilty factor in the centre of the bedframe (we're actually got 2 piles of books underneath it right now!)
I don't wish to create a fuss, but I do wish to sleep comfortably at night. I think it may be a design fault!?
S

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton

sybil

Jan 16, 2009
WOW!!
You're good! Thanks a lot. I shall go to see them tomorrow, happily now.
Take care
S

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Happy to help. the other thing to bear in mind if it is a fault rather than a design flaw they will need to be given the opportunity to repair it and if that fails replace it.

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
This reminds me of one of my most embarrassing moments...

Staying with an Aunty in her posh house, my wife and I climbed into a brand new double bed, which came from a very highly regarded High Street fashion chain that also sells household goods. We lay in bed, opened a book each, and the entire bed collapsed in the middle!

I don't know what I was more aghast about, the shoddy workmanship or the realisation that I had to go and tell my Auntie that we'd broken her brand new bed and the most exciting thing we'd done is read...

Thankfully the bed went back and was, I believe, replaced. Though I still get the horrible feeling of cold sweat when I think about it now...