Free donations of superb quality sofa-unit

amazinglyso

Dec 8, 2015
Like a great many people in this blessed United Kingdom, I am going through a really terrible time with finding 'affordable' good quality furniture to replace my own lapsing old ones.

I searched the web for local community furniture projects in my area where it is well known that some very wealthy individuals, dispose of their high-end sofas to these charitiable trusts. I was stunned to find that there really aren't any of these 'superb-quality' couch units up for free grabs in any of the Surrey regions I belong. Sometimes I go on Freecycle and other local based sites yet it is truly hit-grab-and-miss on there as so many in the same situation and fast on their feet.

I recently had to dispose of a sofa that was kindly donated to me by an eBay seller who intended to sell it and I had paid for the collection of it for £60.00 which I didn't mind because it was free. However, when it arrived, it was full of mega-huge tears and damages that I have now had to pay the council to have removed. I got stung!

Now I am left with a sofa that is horrifically awful until I can get a decent one to replace this. I regularly donate my own things to charities - just not furniture, yet this is the most affluent part of the UK to find free things, especially sofas. There are some pretty decent ones on eBay even 2nd-hand yet affordability is the problem, especially if it has to be collected and delivered with a man with a van.