Consumer Reviews

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
We have added a consumer review section to the website - Reviews | Consumer Information

These are fed into the forum here: Consumer Reviews - Consumer Forum

If you like, you can either write a short review of your own in the forum or if you are interested in writing a more comprehensive review of something you own let me know and I can post it in the main section of the site.

Occasionally, we do get sent things to review and if they are low cost they are usually to keep so there might be something it it for you.

Tony

milliemarple

Jul 17, 2012
I am writing this review as I am absolutely shocked at the poor experience and service I have received from Asda.

I placed an order last Thursday for Saturday delivery with Asda, delivery 3 - 5pm. The order had free delivery as it was over £123. It arrived just after 5pm, with £43 of items missing including all the fresh meat and chilled items and several grocery items.

I called the Asda customer services number, within 15 minutes of the delivery, but after they checked, they said the items could only be delivered the following day Sunday. He told me they were working from 7.30am, and could deliver anytime after 9am. He said he would call me back with a time, but did not.

On Sunday, I called them again at 10am, and was promised a call back with a time before 12 noon. That call never came and neither did the missing items. At 3pm, I rang again, and yet again was promised a call back - which never came. At 8pm, I called again to be told my groceries could not be delivered that day, and I would have to wait until Monday.

I explained to them we had no milk, laundry items, dairy, and had waited all day with sandwiches for lunch as our fresh meat had not been delivered. At this point, I had to go out and spend £30 on groceries and laundry items, which I had already paid Asda for. I demanded to speak to a manager, who clearly is not empowered to do anything about it, and had not even bothered to look at the order before speaking to me. That was apparent when he angered me more by offering a free delivery for my trouble. I told him my delivery was free anyway, so he told me he would send a £15 voucher. I am not interested as I will definately NEVER shop with Asda again. I was told I could not be given a delivery time for Monday, along with a load of silly excuses and promised a call back the following day before 12.

At one point, I asked for a refund but was told it would take 5 days. I asked for my money back that day but was refused.

As usual, the call never came, and I called them at 5pm. They told me delivery would now be Tuesday, as all their vans were out and my items were not on any van. I could not believe this. To fail to return one call is poor, but to treat any customer like this is appalling customer service, the worst I have ever experienced.

Any company worth its salt at this stage would have sent these items to me by whatever method possible, but clearly customers are not important enough to Asda that they would have the imagination to arrange that. Had they done that, all would have been forgiven and I would be writing a praise review - but they refused to send either my goods or money.

On Tuesday morning (Today), I rang them at 10am, asking the time of delivery. They told me the order would be delivered today before 12 noon. After another call to them at 12.45pm, the order finally appeared at 2pm. Incredibly there were STILL items missing, and I checked this before the delivery man left.

They are refunding the cost of the missing items after yet another phone call. The £15 voucher I am told can only be used with on-line shopping, so I will definately NOT be using it as there is no chance whatsoever of me or any of my family shopping with Asda again.

This is not because of the original problem of items being missing as anyone can make a mistake but purely because of their lack of customer care and problem solving. I should have been compensated for the 2 and a half days I have had to have someone sitting in my house waiting for them, to say nothing of the stress, inconvenience and our entire weekend being ruined.

Pugbear

Jul 23, 2012
http://pugbear.co
pugbear.co
Social media is definitely the way to get complaints heard faster. Customer services representatives are now actively manning the Twitter station answering complaints.

Trick is getting them to respond and making them give you something better than just a sorry. Glad to have found a way to be able to finally do that on pugbear.co