I need some advice, returned goods

insanebe

Jan 22, 2009
Basically i want to return an item for a refund, this is what has happend so far.

i ordered a number of items totalling Total: £174.39 from this website petzoo on 30/12/08, they arrived sometime after im not sure when. i decided 1 of the items which cost £58.99 i didn't need so i returned it by special delivery within the 30 days the website states on its returns policy unopened and emailed them the tracking code and my desire for a refund. the item i sent to them was deliverd (i have proof of delivery), i heard nothing back, i sent a further email asking for an update, i have still heard nothing.

i'm unsure what to do next i can't even get a response from them ?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Insanebe,

Welcome to the forum.

If you paid by credit card they are equally liable under section 75 of the consumer credit act and if you paid by Visa you can use the Visa Chargeback Scheme.

How did you pay?

Tony

insanebe

Jan 22, 2009
i paid by a visa credit card but i was under the impression you could only use charge back if the goods were over £100, the total was but the singular item i returned wasn't.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Good point, the CCA S.75 relates to any "single item" over £100 not the total transaction value. So where does that leave you?

Have you tried phoning them? Ahh. I checked their site and can't see a phone number. You might be able to get it from the payment processor.

The only other option is to start a small claim: Making a Small Claim | Consumer Information

Good luck

Tony

insanebe

Jan 22, 2009
becareful with that site, my kaspersky antivirus just told me all of its catalogues are full of trojan viruses,

whats even more weird is i just checked my credit card statement online and i can't find where i was billed for the transaction, and there is no pending transactions either, did i get the items for free ?

:eek::eek:

iv just gone from needing a refund to now not being charged ?

could my credit card company have blocked the transaction and i get the products ?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I use Kaspersky and I didn't get any alerts... probably worth giving the CC company a ring. You can still be charged for the goods you have though...

Tony