Fujitsu Laptop Worn touch pad

Twisted

Jan 22, 2009
Hi everyone

I Orderd my fujitsu laptop from my Kays Catalog on the 9th of may 2008 i started to notice that the touch pad was wearing after about 6 months i spoke to Kays who advised me i had to speak with fujitsu i spoke to them and they said that the touch pad is not coverd by the warrenty what i want to know is should a touch pad surface start to wear out so quickly and who do i need to pursue this with the retailer or fujitsu ?

many thanks in advance

Ed

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Ed,

Your contract of sale is with Kays not Fujitsu and this would be covered by the Sale of Goods Acts assuming you have been using the laptop in the normal way i.e. not on a building site or the like. They are trying to fob you off. Tell them you are making a claim under the Sale of Goods Act. This will be of use:

How long can you expect something to last? | Consumer Information

Tony

BTW Welcome to the forum, do let us know what they say...

Twisted

Jan 22, 2009
Hi again

Kay's

Have Said that wear and tear is not coverd under warrenty and that i need to get an independant inspection carried out by a vat registerd computer shop they also said that i may have worn it out due to excessive use what they deem to be excessive use i have no idea the local shops around here are talking between £25 - £45 for a report Grrrrrr

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
That is fair enough, after six month the burden of proof lies with you. If the shop says it is faulty Kay's will refund you these costs. Make sure you agree the costs with Kay's and the shop being used and that they will pay.

Cheers,

Tony

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
My Dell touchpad that I'm using now has worn, but that is after a good five years of use and I expect that. Even using it for 18 hours a day shouldn't be wear and tear!

Best of luck!