Bad builders

jackhow

Oct 27, 2016
hi I have been in my newly built house nearly a years now things are gone wrong with it.I am just to the end of my tether not knowing how to get the builder back who is Pearls Delevopments and his name is Mark Andrew Dunlavy at Nursery Gardens Stairfoot ,Barnsley.
the list includes
My fence came of the joints and was hanging off nearly into the farmers field at the back of my house
The expliar has never worked since the day I moved in
The cooker hood came loose which took Mark three months to come and fix.
When I frist tried to put my dishwasher on Igot a flood under the sink because the plumbing wasn`t right and now the water has warped my cupboard doors and the kick panel ruining my units
The dishwasher and the washer jump about all over the place when on there are no brackets keeping them in place and the washer sounds like an airoplane when spining
I have tried several time to contact him he doesnt pick up the phone or answer any of my texts This morning when i have tried to ring him the phone bleeps as if there isnt any connect my guess is that he has blocked my number
I have been to the CAB i have tried to get advice from insurance Iam running round in circles trying to get some advice of what to do next i just wondered if any one has any ideas were i can go next

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hello Jack,

I am sorry to hear about your problems. I have been there myself and you are not alone. I have a forum dedicated to this subject - have a look at forum.snagging.org.

Tony

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
Re: Jonathan Walker Cowboy Builder

Jonathan P Walker COWBOY BUILDER

This person is the worst, he traded as REEF Homes and built unsafe houses, the last one took 140,000 to put right, this is borne out by the litigation, the out of court settlement and the planning officer of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
He has since changed his name to WOODHOUSE (Lund) Ltd and building the same unsafe properties as he did before. He will be caught again but he just changes his company and moves on. He has connections in the Council as he was a council Leader and his family take turns to hold that position (his uncle is now in that position) his family are the biggest landowners and his wife has the Nursery also in the village, also the Beverley council keep giving him planning permission, so something is wrong there as well.
Please can you help as someone will get hurt of even killed if he is not stopped, I have tried but the village council under the family control override it.

jackhow

Oct 27, 2016
Hello Jack,

I am sorry to hear about your problems. I have been there myself and you are not alone. I have a forum dedicated to this subject - have a look at forum.snagging.org.

Tony
Hi tony I got him to send someone out to fix my kitchen,the guy was brill he sorted some other stuff out for me as well, but some stuff he couldn`t he couldn`t sort out The plumber came out and fix my toilet seat in the downstairs loo but that has come loose agian.Also the loo in my ensuite is comming up from the floor I have got a rock and roll toilet at the moment
I have been in touch in Mark (Cowboy) Dunalavy who has said he dosent want any thing to do Windhill Drive agian Where do I stand on this please I have been in the portery 18 months and really fed up with the cowboys out there.