Builder issues

icon

Mar 14, 2017
hi I was looking for some advice, I am in dispute with a builder as he has not completed items to satisfaction and I owe him some money remaining from the build. the total cost of the build was over 60k and I have kept 4k back. I have given opportunities to remedy and he has not responded to our satisfaction and we are now over 1 year in to what should have been a 3-4 month project. he is threatening to sell on the debt as I have said I have lost faith in him. can he do this? One of the items outstanding involves the removal of pocket doors which were not inserted correctly and the only remedy i'm advised of by independent people is to rip them out. this is not something we want to do due to mess and disruption. the damp proof course is not straight in parts and bricks are not level and overhang. what should I do?

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
Jonathan P Walker COWBOY BUILDER

This person is the worst, he traded as REEF Homes and built unsafe houses, the last one took 140,000 to put right, this is borne out by the litigation, the out of court settlement and the planning officer of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
He has since changed his name to WOODHOUSE (Lund) Ltd and building the same unsafe properties as he did before. He will be caught again but he just changes his company and moves on. He has connections in the Council as he was a council Leader and his family take turns to hold that position (his uncle is now in that position) his family are the biggest landowners and his wife has the Nursery also in the village, also the Beverley council keep giving him planning permission, so something is wrong there as well.
Please can you help as someone will get hurt of even killed if he is not stopped, I have tried but the village council under the family control override it.