Can i do anything?

danielle2112

Jan 27, 2009
south shields
I paid 280 pound for a Mothercare Trenton Deluxe pushchair travel system which is supposed to last until the child is 3 years old, my daughter is only 6 months and the straps are to tight and they dont adjust which i only just found out.

I went into the store they said they have sold loads and had no complaints. I went onto the website and there has been a number of complaints. Even another woman went into the same store as me and they said the same thing to her as they did me! The car seat is also supposed to last until 12 to 15 months and she outgrew it at 5 months. They have basically said its tough. So i paid all that money for 6 months. Can i just state my daughter was a premature baby and is small for her age so they cant say she is overweight.

I dont understand why anyone would design a pushchair to not have adjustable straps!

Is there anything i can do about this?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Danielle,

Welcome to the forum. From what you have told us it sounds like your statutory rights have been breached.

I know when my kids were younger they had a growth chart that showed the normal distribution for weight and height at different ages, I assume that your little one is not off the chart.

It is what you expected?

Secondly, if you have bought something on the basis of the seller’s description or a sample, you should expect the item to conform exactly to that description or sample. If it does not, you have the right to reject the goods, demand a full refund and possibly claim damages. This is still the case even where you have selected or examined the items for yourself before buying them.
From: What are my statutory rights? | Consumer Information

The problem is, and this is true of most retailers, the staff often are poorly trained and won't be familiar with the law. You need to speak to head office about this and say you are want a full refund as the pram is not as described.

Let us know how you get on

Tony