My wedding date is set – now what?

donaldy

Feb 7, 2009
Help! I’m getting married next August and I don’t have my invitations picked out yet. But since it’s summertime and people plan their vacations early, I’m afraid that there will be scheduling conflicts if I don’t get busy. Should I send out “save the date” cards?

shalloran

Jan 23, 2009
Rayleigh, Essex.
Hi,

Congratulations! :)

Have you got your wedding and venue locations booked? Personally, I think Save the Date cards are a good idea as long as you don't spend a lot of money on them. Seeing as you're getting married in August I think it would be a good idea to send some out to at least the people you really want to be there, if you get my drift! ;)

You can pick up some nice designs on Ebay actually. I saw someone selling them for about £12 for 40 cards.

HTH

Sarah

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
What does HTH mean? Surely it will take just as long choosing a save the date card, or is that just a bloke response. I have never heard of these before to be honest.

Tony

shalloran

Jan 23, 2009
Rayleigh, Essex.
HTH - Hope that helps or Happy to Help - just forum gibberish! :)

Well, I didn't have them for my wedding but I only had 5 months to plan mine, and no it wasn't a shotgun wedding! :D

As I said to my husband when I was planning. "You just worry about organising the suits and be there on the day" and I was more than happy dealing with the rest! I spent an outrageous amount of time scanning internet sites for an invitation in exactly the same colour as the flowers. A really shocking amount of time!

It is fun though!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Thanks for the clarification. I think that was all I had to organise too for both weddings - it was to the same person : )

Tony

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I organised a lot of my wedding, although my wife made the invites (saving a lot of money in the process). I don't understand the concept of save the date cards, as surely a lot of the family will find out through word of mouth?