Free business banking

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If you are a new business or an existing business have you worked out how much you are spending on bank charges. You would struggle not to save with the Abbey National:

• Direct debits, standing orders and bill payments FREE forever
  • Debit card payments FREE forever
  • BACS credit FREE forever
  • Transfers between linked Abbey accounts FREE forever
  • 100 cheque deposits per month FREE forever
  • 100 cash and cheque withdrawals per month FREE forever
  • £3,000 in cash deposited per month FREE forever

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
Alliance and Leicester are also doing a very good business banking offer at the moment and that's worth checking out too.

However, remember to check all of the benefits that you may lose out on from your current provider if you move. Fidelity can often pay and if you go in to your own bank and discuss options with them, you may be able to get a good deal without the hassle of changing banks.

Paul Carcone

red

Aug 22, 2008
I will check them out as my bank are coming towards the end of the 'free' period i was initially given. I will be interested to see if they extend the free period or lose my business.

Nicola

Facilitator
New Business Bank Account

Your level of success with them may actually come down to how much you have in he bank. If you tend to deposit quite a lot, then you're more likely to receive a good offer.

That said, many of these things are now automated and the flexibility may not be there.

Good luck with it!

vortrail

Sep 19, 2010
Recommended free business banking

Hi,

I'm a startup and my friends use Santander business as they offer free lifetime business banking...that was until I called to set an account up and found that since they recently bought Alliance and Leicester last month, their terms have changed to free - if you deposit £1,000 each month otherwise charges are incurred.

Have looked around and found (not surprisingly) no banks offering free lifetime business banking so to make the best of the situation what recommendations does anyone have for a startup?

Thanks

Worktogether

Nov 29, 2012
I am sure that they have reversed that decision, I know that my company has been banking with Santander (and formerly Abbey) for abut seven or eight years and have not paid a penny in charges. I think they are great, nice and simple, and their internet banking website is excellent.