parish & Bell

bodybuz

Feb 16, 2009
Hi

I bought a set of specially designed insoles from the above company. Since xmas i have been unable to contact them due to the office being shut. Have contacted a neighbouring business who informed me of a fall out between the two partners. How can i trace them.

Thanks

Bodybuz

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Well there website seems to be active. You can get the home address of the company directors from companies house and the names of any other company they are directors of.

I hope this helps

Tony

crazyxxxx

Feb 26, 2009
There is a web site up and running call podiatry- arena.com You will get all the latest info on this.

SecretSquirrel

Feb 27, 2009
There is a web site up and running call podiatry- arena.com You will get all the latest info on this.
I too have been searching for this company and want my money back. I found this forum and also found the Podiatry Arena thread on Parish and Bell while searching for answers. The company owner has posted a message there and made some threats (its kinda funny). There is no hope of getting money back.

crazyxxxx

Feb 26, 2009
Try contacting your credit card company if you paid this way. I did and got my money back. As they have gone bankrupt, the credit card company is jointly responsable I think. ( I was lucky he was still trading when I got my money back).

Good luck.

bodybuz

Feb 16, 2009
Hi guys

Have just checked out the website . unfortunately i paid cash, must be my age.
I received a letter from the companies creditors today stating that the company is being liquadated on the 4th of March and that i have been added to the probably very long list of people wanting their money back. But,who knows perhaps pigs fly.

Thanks again

Bodybuz

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Bodybuz,

This is the standard order or priority

(1) - Preferential Creditors (certain categories of employee claims)
(2) - Prescribed Part distribution to Unsecured Creditors (includes customers, suppliers and fitters) this is capped at £600,000 in accordance with the IA86 to share equally between ALL unsecured creditors.
(3) - The Secured Lenders (who have registered charges over the Company or its assets)
(4) - Unsecured Creditors (includes customers, suppliers and fitters)

Ricardo

Mar 16, 2009
Web page for legal action, if apropriate

Hi, my plantar fasciitis is still there after 2 years of their orthotics and did not get the money back because I couldn´t get my final revission (the fourth one). I paid by credit card but 2 years ago. Would that help to revover the money? I doubt it but just in case any of you have any idea...

I created a web page to try to collect contacts from people affected by this problem and try to find out if there was something ilegal in this company.

parishandbellaffected.wordpress.com.

I think we should take legal action againt them, if there was something wrong, even if we do not get our money back.

SecretSquirrel

Feb 27, 2009
They have started up business again peddling the same thing as Foot Pain Pioneers. There is a thread on Podiatry Arena about them :mad: I am going to contact them to see if they will make good on my problems from when they were Parish & Bell! :mad:

SecretSquirrel

Feb 27, 2009
Well I contacted them and they were not interested. They just wanted to give me the accountants phone number who is handling the bankruptcy of Parish and Bell.

What happened to the word "professional" in "health professional"? ...actually I do know what happened after checking Podiatry Arena this evening, is that Les Bailey's associates are verbally attacking people and allegedly involved in property damage.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
They have started up business again peddling the same thing as Foot Pain Pioneers. There is a thread on Podiatry Arena about them :mad: I am going to contact them to see if they will make good on my problems from when they were Parish & Bell! :mad:
You will be lucky to pull this off as they will now be trading as a different legal entity unrelated to the previous company.

SecretSquirrel

Feb 27, 2009
You will be lucky to pull this off as they will now be trading as a different legal entity unrelated to the previous company.
This is still eating away at me. I just can not understand the morality and ethics (let alone as to why its even legal) that anyone can go out of business and then set up again in the same business avoiding creditors.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
To make matters worse some will even buy the name of the previous company from the administrators of the one that has gone out of business.

P&BVictim

Jun 14, 2010
Just an update. Foot pain pioneers seems to have gone tits up. Les Bailey can now be found here

w w w.thecliniconline.co.uk/1/about.html
Obviously only EMPLOYED by them, not owning it or owt because then there might be liability issues.

Its the same old Jazz. Free consultation, money back guarentee etc, etc.

Here's some fun things you can do within the law if you are grand or two down on the day and still suffering (like me).

Book a free consultation. Ask why your old orthotics did not work (as per the website) without mentioning where you got them, Enjoy 10 minutes of him unknowingly slagging himself off.

Ask if Dr Les Bailey is HPC registered. That, BTW is the government body which regulates health care professionals. (he's not, oddly enough.)

Ask what his professional training is (osteopathy) and ask why he is not still a member of THIER governing body.

Ask which University issued his doctorate. A clue, its in a very hot country, its not the UK and the PHd was done "long distance".

Write to rogue traders on watchdog. This is just up their street and if a few people write in you may get to see your hero on tele. I have.

Keep a buzz going on cyberspace so if anyone googles him they get to see your story as well as his advertising!

We'll probably never see our money but if we can spare others the same fate, and perhaps remind him that we won't just go away, its time well spent.