Please boycott blubay dvd site

kellym

Feb 18, 2009
:mad:
This is a plea to evryone looking to buy adult dvds. Please do not visit blubaydvd.com After very recently buying 2 cheap dvds which are of very poor quality and have now been charged £58.13 for no reason, without my knowledge or consent. Try as I might I can not get an answer by phone or email from them. As they used the details I entered to buy the 2 dvds my bank can do nothing about getting my money back. There is nothing on the website to say that this is a monthly membership thing, which is what some other people have written in forums. £58.13 is a lot to lose on nothing and I just can't afford it. I am on the case to get my money back.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Kelly, did you use a Visa debit card to pay. If so, you may be able to get your money back. As they are based in the Phillipoines, you won't be able to use the small claim court.

Tony

kellym

Feb 18, 2009
Yes I used a visa electron to pay. The bank told me they couldn't do anything about the money though.

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
Without meaning to concern you Kelly, do these people still have your credit/debit card details. Have they confirmed cancellation of the "subscription" you were unwittingly signed up to. If not you need to talk to your card company about stopping any further transactions. In my case this meant changing card details.

slw39

Mar 3, 2009
I agree with you about this company and they are bad news. You can have your bank to reissue you another card. Your bank can do something about it. They have did the same with my account and back said something look funny and they needed to talk with me and I with them and they are going to issuse me a new card and I had to talk to the claims department. They are looking into the transaction. I hope something can be done about this company.

warden236

Apr 22, 2009
bluebay

I have had the same treatment - I ordered 3 cheap DVD's and still not received them.I contacted them over the £55 charge on my Visa card and got the usual - read the small print !!!
I had an e mail from them cancelling my membership and have been charged for a second month at £55 since then - Visa are now dealing with the matter

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

apantoja

May 19, 2009
Bluebay DVD are thefts- boycott againts them

Same case than warden.

I was charger yesterday by £52. I tried to call to the US and UK number and always a machine answers.
I emailed them to cancell the suscription I never made.

I'm dealing noy with my bank HSBC to see if I can get my money back, they will start to make an investigation that might take from 5 to 10 working days.

I had to ask for a new card just in case the bluebay company does not take any action and they charge me again.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING WITH BLUEBAY :mad:

rollingstock

May 14, 2009
Sydney
www.youtube.com
Have a look in yahoo answers, seems there have been issues from this company going back over a year now.

Scam is maybe a little light to explain what they get up to with your credit card.

apantoja

May 19, 2009
Bluebay DVD are thefts- boycott againts them

Hello all, this is the email I got from Bluebay :

Thank you for contacting us.When you made your initial purchase with blubaydvd.com your order came with a 10 day trail membership of our Adult Video On Demand club if you do not cancel within the stated trail period you are billed monthly for online access to over 8000 adult movies. Access to the Video On Demand site is billed monthly for £ 55 / month.

In order to cancel your membership please email me the first four and the last four numbers of the credit card that was billed. As well as how the
charge appeared on your bill. Once cancelled we will email you a confirmation.

Thanks again
Bob
Customer Service Manager

And this was my answer:

Hello Bob

Did you know there is a boycott against bluebay? sooner or later you will have to stop to scam people. In my case HSBC-VISA has started an investigation. I did not sign any membership and if people make a purchase online once its illegal you charged monthly.

Of course I will be writing my bad experience with blue bay warning people do not make any buys if you don't give my money back. The charge was USD 78.50 and I had to cancel my card to avoid further charges, so I don't have that card anymore.

Please let me know about the USD 78.50 and when I will get them back.

Thanks

HSBC and Visa Card solved my case and they gave me back the USD 78.50:cool:

kickerL7

Jun 7, 2009
this is what their terms and conditions actualy says,

6.INDEMNITY You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its directors, officers, agents, affiliates, suppliers and employees harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) which arise out of, are connected with or directly relate to your use of the Site, the products obtained through the site or any violation of this Agreement. Blubay VOD trial is 10 days of Unlimited access to blubaydvd.com/vod and all of its content. User becomes full member and is billed in the amount of $39.95 per month until cancelled at the end of 10 day trial period. User my cancel via email,phone or live chat within the stated trial period and will not be billed for full member fees.

they charged me twice! both $48.95:mad:

modok88

Jul 17, 2009
The same has happened to me. Not only did they charge 49.98 to my account, the charge overdrew my checking, so now I owe much more to my bank. I've sent an email, but I've heard reports of Blubay not even responding.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
As consumers, citizens pay taxes to people - the police - to prevent theft. In a way it an enforced monopoly charge to perform a service.
If, or when, it is generally realised that the service is not being provided for the charge being made, there will be a revolt over those taxes or charges.
History makes that clear, maybe we are approaching that situation.

butch

Aug 12, 2009
AVOID BLUBAY DVD my partner ordered 10 10p dvds on 9th december 2008, only 3 dvds arrived, he then went back on to blubay and read that only 3 dvds could be ordered i was charged £2.89p + £1 overseas tranaction fee, then on december 23rd 2008 i went to get some money out of my bank account to do christmas shopping and noticed that blubay had taken £54.07p, then again on 15th january 2009 they took another 55.42p and again there was a £1 overseas tranaction fee on each, my partner got the uk telephone number and i telephoned them asking why they had taken money from my account when it was clear we hadnt purchased anything else from them, i was told that because my partner hadnt cancelled his subscription to blubay dvds after his 10 day free trial i would be subject to monthly payments, my partner didnt see anything about 10 day trials or monthy payments, so i asked them to cancell my card details and to refund the 2 amounts they had taken, after some time on the phone this american lady said she would have to speak to her supervisor, she then came back and said has a good will gesture she would be able to pay back £51.40p this was placed back into my account on 20th january 2009 yet again i was charged £1 overseas tranaction fee, i double checked with this lady that once i had been refunded that my card details my partners name, my name and address would be taken off there computers, i was told that they would be removed, no money was taken by blubay until now some 7/8 months later on monday 10th august 2009 i checked my account online after scrolling down my latest onine statement blubay dvd had taken £47.97p, so in my opinion they have now stolen money from my account so they didnt destoy my card detail etc back in january when i asked them to, the money which they took was to nearly the same amount for a direct debit i pay, i had to replace this money which i couldnt really afford to do, blubay dvds are conning people out of money each month, i have tried endless times to get through to the uk number but have had no luck, it looks like i wont be getting my money back which they took with out my concent 4 days ago. i have now got to go to my bank lloyds tsb and cancell my current card and have a new one to stop blubay theiving money from my account, so any one reading this you have been warned that blubay dvds are scammers.

butch

Aug 12, 2009
after visiting my bank yesterday (14 aug) i was advised that using my debit card to purchase items from abroad is like handing them cash, and you are not really covered and was told that blubay can take money as and when they like, just checked my account online and it looks like they have put there theiving mitts in my account yet again, i wont know until monday if it is them but my account is down by £48.96p and i have a gut feeling that its them by the amount taken, amounts i cannot aford for them to take, any way my bank has advised me to have a credit card just to be on the safe side then if this sort of thing happens again i will be covered by the bank, my bank has put a dispute in over blubay taking money and got to wait 30 days, plus fill in forms which are due in the post, the man at the visa debit dispute centre said he has had endless complaints about blubaydvd and he is confident that i will get my money back, my bank has also re orderd me a new visa debit card and they are going to keep an eye on my account and advised me to try and contact blubaydvd myself to complain to them myself. all this hassle for a couple of cheap naff dvds, my partner and i certainly wont be buying items from abroad again, so any body looking at blubaydvd dont bother they are theiving so and so's.

butch

Aug 12, 2009
hi tony
thanks just had a read through the charge back link, i think thats what i am going through with my bank as opened a dispute with visa debit, i am hoping that they will get my money back for me asap. i will keep you up dated on my situation as and when i hear anything. going to try and get through to blubay on the phone later today.

butch

Aug 12, 2009
just a up date, managed to get through to blubay dvd on sunday night 8.30pm, spoke to a american man, explain everything he only took my name and he told me my bank account details, my address my partners full name and his mobile number and email address so they didnt destroy our details when i asked them to in January 09, he told me that he would have to pass my details on to there accounts dept and they would ring me back at the same time monday night, but surprise surprise no one rang, so i will be on the phone again today, as i said in my bank account was missing some cash so i went to the bank yesterday to see if they could tell me who had taken it they couldnt tell me, so 10 minutes ago i checked my account on line and blubay have been at it again so my gut feeling was right they have taken £48.90p so thats £96.87p they have swiped from my account within 7 days even though i cancelled my details with them 8 months ago, i hope that the forms for the dispute between visa debit and blubay come today so i can get the ball rolling to claim my money back will keep you up dated.

butch

Aug 12, 2009
i got the money back that blubaydvd took out of my bank account, hopefully i won't have to deal with them again, had new bank card etc.