Do Not Get Conned

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
For those of us who are always on the lookout for ways to make money from home/online...just a word of warning.

One of the greatest misleading cons at the moment are those that tell you that you can earn £££s for completing surveys online.

The only way you'll manage to do this is if you set up your own company and administer yourself (which is HUGE IT undertaking). What you will find as a private individual is just entrance into draws for paltry prizes along with 5 million other people who have been conned similiarly.

Don't fall for it!

Paul Carcone

jackie1969uk

Jul 28, 2008
Glasgow
www.jackiestewart.co.uk
There are a few genuine survey sites that i use myself. Indeed you dont make a fortune but there is money to be had and vouchers as well as trial products. I have yet to be spammed by any the genuine companies and I only need to participate in the surveys I want to. I myself have made a few hundred pounds in the last couple of years on the genuine sites. Here is the url to micurl.com/2qxatp you should be able to copy and paste it into your address bar as I am a new user and cannot hyperlink yet. Thanks Tony for your reply.

I have also tried a few earn money working from home and these have all been cons. Never ever part with any cash for any scheme you find.

Last edited:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Sorry Jackie, it is a deterrent for the forum spammers. If you leave out the www it should work, just won't be hyperlinked.

Tony

red

Aug 22, 2008
I read various reviews of survey sites and always wonder how genuine they are. What levels of income can you realistically make and what time is required??

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
Genuine ones are run by companies regulated by the MRS (Market Research Society). They will have proper privacy and data protection polices so check this out.

I don't think its a replacement for a part-time job, but you can earn some extra pocket money doing surveys. You get paid typically from £1-£2 per survey (they are on average 15 minutes to complete) but you might only be sent e.g. one survey to do a month. I've been paid by the following companies, who are all legit:

TNS
Ciao
OpinionBar
YouGov
ItsYourView

There are other companies who are legit but these are the ones who have paid me. They all pay cash, apart from TNS who I get paid by in Nectar Points.

Reactions: Tony

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
I earn odds and ends by doing surveys (valuedopinions) I have been with them several years. Once you reach a certain amount you can receive vouchers for supermarkets, book stores, clothes stores etc, or even give to charity. It isn't a sustainable form of income but it is good to gain a bit extra towards Xmas and the like.

barbarp

Facilitator
Aug 20, 2008
Dorset
Youguv are good but beware the american ones because they will flood your inbox with 100s that you couldn't possibly complete, I found most of them just crashed my computer..:mad:
Simillarly the ones that tell you that you can make money just by clicking on links...They literally give you 0.0009$ per click and you have to be there for 10 secs to get that. If you add it up, you might be lucky to get a $ by the end of the year {about 50p:( }
Not sure about the mystery shopper things because I've heard a lot about it but I've never met anyone who's actually done it?

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
I could be wrong but I thought Paid to click was illegal anyway?

Perhaps someone could clarify that for me lol.

barbarp

Facilitator
Aug 20, 2008
Dorset
Not as far as I'm aware if theres a human doing it, I think the auto responder programs that do it by spamming people's emails is illegal.

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
My experiences on You Gov

I'm registered on You Gov, and while it is a legit site, and you do get paid, the practicality of it is that it is totally inappropriate as a ways of legitimately earning money online on a daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly basis.

I've been registered for about a year now and in that time, from my personal experiences, I have completed many surveys. Many only offer the chance to enter a draw to win a prize (which surprise, surprise, I have come up empty handed on). Those that do offer payment, often it is no more than 50p or £1 per survey and you are lucky to have one or two of these in any given month. After 12 months, I have £9.25 in my account, and this includes two recent surveys that I was paid the princely sum of £2.50 for because I had to use my daughter to answer the questions.

You Gov also don't pay out your cash until you reach the £50 mark, which means, at the current rate, that I should expect my first cheque for them in four years time. But to be fair to them, they don't ever make you believe that you are doing this for the vast swathes of money you can earn.

I am aware this experience may not be typical for everybody, but it certainly is for me. Obviously I don't complete the surveys because of the lavish lifestyle it affords me, but mainly because I like having a moan about terrible service providers, and praising those that do a good job.