So has anyone been tempted by the iPhone?

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
Apparently there has been high demand for the second generation iPhone that was launched recently. I must admit I've considered getting one - the functionality is excellent, particularly the mobile internet access. But at a minimum of £30 a month, and with the requirement to use O2 as your service provider, is it really a good deal?

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
These things are good deals if it provides a solution to a problem that you genuinely have. However, if you are looking for something functional that is a little less pricey, then Blackberries are now rapidly coming down in price and do pretty much everything that an iPhone would do...

Of course, if it's just a fashion accessory, then I'd give it a miss and buy a new pair of shoes instead!

Paul Carcone

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Not really, I love my Microsoft Mobile HTC Touch. As Paul says you can get Smartphones such as this, Blackberries and the Nokia N95 for a fraction of the cost of the iPhone. The thing I really love about my Microsoft phone is the way it still makes a sounds even when it is muted... They have just brought out a red one that looks really cool : )

From Ubergizmo, The Gadget Blog

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
Well, new shoes are always welcome :) I don't think I would fork out for an iPhone - in fact, I don't really need one of those web-enabled doohickeys at all. But I would definitely like one, and what appeals to me about the iPhone is that it would integrate with my MacBook. Maybe I'll treat myself to one if I ever sell my flat...

Last edited:

gabriel

Facilitator
Jun 21, 2008
Didn't we all say that about the iPod?

I remember thinking iPods were expensive whent hey first came along and there were plenty of alternatives. But in the end, I let go of my resistance and joined the converted.

I have to say, love my iPod. It may have come at a premium price (actually mine didn't as I got it via 'freebies') but it is a premium product IMO from a great company.

I have neither the cash nor the need for an iPhone just yet. But one day...

TVDinner

Sep 28, 2008
I have NEVER been a big fan of the iPhone. I have always been a Blackberry user and currently have the Curve, which I love. With the 2 gig card in it I have over 600 songs on it and pictures, as well as being a great Blackberry cell phone for business. One thing I can say is that I can not use an iPhone because there are no real keys. I need real keys since i type so much on it.