Littlewoods catalogue help please

COS

Mar 3, 2009
Please can you advise me. My partner is an agent of littlewoods catalogue agent of many years, A customer placed an order for goods to the value of £1800 almost a year ago of which they have failed to pay fore . The customer signed a credit agreement but Littlewoods tell me that this is ineffective as Littlewoods received the agreement after the goods were sent - the same agreement that they sent out after the goods. The customer no longer lives at the address given and according to Littlewoods can not be traced at that address or any other there after. Littlewoods have spoken to the customer and have been told that the customer is presently living in a camper van.Littlewoods tell wife that the onus is on the agent to pay the monies and have taken the matter to a collection agency who is threatening court action. Littlewoods refuse to give any help with this matter and totally ruined her good standing with the credit industry.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
So it seems the Littlewoods agents are responsible for bad debt, this seems extremely unfair. Surely a signed credit agreement for £1800 is adequate and the customer is liable not your partner. I think you need legal advice - I would make an appointment to see the local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Sorry I can't be more help, but this does sound intricate and involves the contract between your wife and Littlewoods.

Do let us know what the outcome is though.

Tony

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
I think Tony is absolutely right. Did your wife buy a franchise agreement with Littlewoods - I really think you need to get the contract looked into. What an awful situation - good luck!!