contract cancellation

stiched up

Mar 4, 2009
my wife ordered a sofa from scs .she wanted to pay cash but would not be able to pay for a couple of weeks. the salesman said that to fix the price she would need to sign a credit agreement form . he said to sign here here and here
and guess what ? she had signed a legally binding agreement. which would have been alright the sofa was great.but when she got home and checked the measurements it was to big to fit by now the store was closed so i phoned first thing to explain that the sofa was great but we could not get it into the room i asked for the manager to ring me but he rung my wife at home and asked us to come to the store he then told us we could not cancel but could amend the order but there was nothing other than the sofa she had ordered that she liked.they said we could not cancel.wenow have just rec a letter stating that they will take legal action to recover their lost profit on the order
can any one help

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
You could argue that you have been missold. I would write a letter of complaint to the head office. They are probably within their rights to take legal action, but they are being completely unreasonable and ruining their brand.

Tony