car buying help mis sold?

mandfootball

Mar 5, 2009
Hi

I have just purchased a car from a dealer
it was from their stock dealer and had to be transported up to my dealer
I was told there was 9852 miles on the clock, went to have a look today and the actual mileage is 10400

what should I do in these circumstances
all my paperwork states the lower mileage too

also cant pick the car up as the brake warning light has come on, they are trying to get it to a main dealer, i dont mind this, the only thing is someone will drive it there and back so another 140 miles on the clock

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It is not as described although not significantly. You could possible cancel the contract based on this or negotiate a different price - 4p per mile is common for leases and PCP contracts when mileage is exceeded.

mandfootball

Mar 5, 2009
Tony, thank you for the reply
they have the same make and model with higher mileage than the 10400 at the same price I am paying already
does that make a difference?

mandfootball

Mar 5, 2009
just to ad
I was supposed to pick car up yesterday (thurs)
when we went to have a look i noticed a dent on the wing. got a call today and they are booking it into the bodyshop and we cant pic it up till monday afternoon now
just seems to be turning into a nightmare

fourwheelreviews

Aug 27, 2009
if you really looking for a good car, then do the thorough research in the market and select the model. Read the reviews and info regarding your selected model. Take the help of car buying guides. so you will definitely get a good one.