Conveyancing charges

red

Aug 22, 2008
The HIP was brought in and i wondered if many people have actually seen conveyancing charges reduce. It occurred to me the other day am not suprised some solicitors are opposed to the HIP as they should be really reducing their fees.

There seems to be alot of online conveyancers who are cheaper than high street. Does it matter that they are not local to me?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The problem is when it doesn't all go smoothly, you get what you pay for.

Tony

hip-consultant.co.uk

Premium Member
Mar 13, 2009
www.hip-consultant.co.uk
Some people prefer to have a local conveyancer due to being able to visit their office. However, it maybe even your local conveyancer on the high street will conduct all the work via email or the post.

We have certainly seen a large rise in national online conveyancing and these prices are generally very competitive. Most of these businesses have no problem with the Home Information Packs if they are prepared correctly and their prices reflect the work already carried out by the HIP provider.

BassBOy76

May 1, 2009
It's totally untrue that with conveyancing solicitors you get what you pay for. There are hundreds of firms out there that rely on the fact that conveyancing sounds like a mysterious and dark art when in fact it is mostly an administrative job. Go online and find a site that provides client feedback on the solicitors. This is the best way to get a feel for the level of service provided. There is literally £100's to be saved by doing this.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I agree that you don't always get what you pay for, nor does using a local solicitor mean that if things go wrong it will be straightforward to rectify. I do not know how you can be confident, other than by personal recommendations. I make sure everyone I know hears about our bad experience, so hopefully it won't happen to them, but how we could have protected ourselves from negligence I don't know. The Law Society are great but, yet again, it is a long and painful road for consumers to walk down.