best mobile at present

red

Aug 22, 2008
My contract is due for renewal and have negotiated a good deal on minutes and texts, but wondering which phone to go for.

I am considering the Sony C905 or the Nokia N85. Was thinking about iPhone but dont think i will really use it if am honest so not worth extra money. I still use pen and paper over PDAs etc :)

I want a good reliable phone as the samsung G600 or U600 i have, i will be pleased to see back of as it has been a nightmare, i've returned it 4 times :mad:

Anyway, mainly want to call people and text and a few emails. Which would you guys go for Sony C905 or the Nokia N85?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
A friend of mine has one of these and thinks it is fantastic, the N96 is also good if you want a more traditional phone. Just set up a blackberry for my brother and it was quite impressive.

Tony

frdjns74

Feb 18, 2009
My hubby has a blackberry and I can't use it at all, I prefer the ones with numbers that you use to phone not keyboards, I would love to get a traditional phone as mines is ancient but it is easy to use, any good deals on standard phone not flip, or anything fancy just a solid no frills phone
:confused:

Last edited:

red

Aug 22, 2008
A friend of mine has one of these and thinks it is fantastic, the N96 is also good if you want a more traditional phone. Just set up a blackberry for my brother and it was quite impressive.

Tony
Which one are you saying is good Tony the N85 or C905?

Tending to go for N85 at present, the C905 seems to have some very bad reviews by users in places.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Oops I didn't put the link in it is the new Nokia touch screen phone - Nokia 5800

GekkoHQ

Jul 8, 2009
This is so refreshing, a mobile phone thread without people gushing over the iPhone!

I've said it so many times before. The iPhone is slick and nice to use, but it is not evolutionary. It has fairly basic features that other mobiles have had for years. I saw an advert in the Metro which stated in bold lettering "Amazing new features like Video recording!". I've had video on my phone for about 6 years now... The iPhone is over hyped and over priced, and it's great to see some other choices being promoted. The N96 has some good features, as does the LG Arena (touchscreen, FM transmitter to play your music through your car radio).