AA or RAC or AN Other?

Jeddo

Facilitator
Jun 21, 2008
Any views on the respective merits of the motoring organisations?

I've heard that the quality and speed of service can depend on where you break down and what kind of problem you have, but I was wondering if anyone has any personal stories to share.

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
I have been with the AA for a number of years and they have been absolutely fantastic on every occassion. I have had trouble in some very strange and out of the way locations, but they have an excellent network of associates and, as such, get to you very quickly.

You can often get AA/RAC/Green Flag etc with insurance/bank accounts etc. I have my AA membership through my Lloyds TSB Premier account, which also gets you a priority line.

Hope this helps!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I have used a variety of different providers over the years and haven't really noticed much difference. They all seem to use local garages in remote areas - probably the same ones.

I am wary of the AA now they are in the hands of a private equity firm.

I had free breakdown cover with my Smile More account, but I got caught out once when it was downgraded because I had stopped paying in regular amounts. I only noticed when I tried to use the breakdown service. It was my own fault - but you need to read the terms carefully for these value added services.

pokerface

Oct 1, 2008
you will have good and bad with both, it depends on the day and the mechanic. i have used both however and had no bad experiences