BBC Watchdog: On the programme - Monday 23 March

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
In the news this week
Unemployment passes 2 million in the UK for the first time since 1997, rental repossessions are on the rise, and mortgage lending continues to slide.

What a bleak week for consumers and homeowners, indeed. But we can bring a bit of good news for anyone struggling to get on the property ladder in the UK - the price of property on the moon is coming down.

Your comments
There are 51,000 mobile phone masts dotted around the UK, yet lots of you have been complaining to us that you don't get a signal. Thanks to all of you who have offered advice this week, after seeing the Watchdog report on Mobile charges but no signals.

Comment 25 - CitizenLaura says: "My 'signal' issue was actually resolved by getting a new SIM card ... and although I'm not saying this will solve everyone's problems, I would highly recommend suggesting the idea to customer services if you do have issues."

Comment 29 - mikek03 suggests: "If your phone can't get a signal and you know someone with a different phone on the same network, put them side by side and check the signal levels. It's not guaranteed but you might be surprised to see the difference in signal levels."

Coming up on the programme
Come back on Monday to find out which gaming console can damage your games disk without you even touching them - making them unplayable.

Anita Rani visits people living in a block of flats in East London who have mould growing all over their walls. She investigates whether the roof of their block is to blame and asks why their management company has taken over a year to fix it.

A company that offers remedies for male sexual health problems is in the spotlight after you sent in complaints about the high pressure bullying techniques the company uses to get people to sign up.

And why is there such a huge gap between what energy companies pay and what they charge us in for in our energy bills? We ask them on Monday in a live studio interview.

On the programme - Monday 23 March