Short Breaks

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
I am pulling my hair out here looking for a website that offers short weekend breaks (Friday and Saturday night only) preferably in a cottage somewhere.

I can find plenty of websites that offer 3 night breaks but hardly any seem to offer two night breaks. I am pretty specific on the time frame too (The only weekend we have free is 24th-26th April).

I begrudge paying for an extra night that we are not going to use and I haven't the time or inclination to rattle off countless emails to sites to see if they are flexible enough to offer us something.

Does anyone have any tips for good websites to check out?

Thanks in advance

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I think you will struggle with cottages, an alternative might be an apartment type hotel like Citadines or a B&B

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
Where are you looking at going. If you fancy Cheltenham, Strozzi Palace are brilliant for this, however they are a series of apartments not a cottage. It is unlikely that you will get a cottage for two nights anywhere as they make their money in weekend bookings and cannot book out one night (I assume the Sunday) so the cottage owners loose a days revenue. Let us know how you get on though.

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
Also, bear in mind that is many kids half term week, so you may well be unable to get a booking because of that.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Pick a destination then have a look at the Travellodge website, they're doing loads of £19 room offers so less than £40 for 2 nights, you can afford to eat out for that and the offer includes family rooms.

I know it's a bit basic and not exactly a cottage but a good bargain if you just want to get away for a couple of days.

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Yep, No luck with a cottage as yet.

I'll look into the Travellodge site and see what is available.

Thanks for the advice & help guys.

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Thanks for that Glasgow girl, my idea was just to go somewhere local where we could spend a day or two in nice surroundings and relax. It was the cottage we were interested in more so than the location.

Unfortunately it seems all the best ones are either not available for two nights or are booked when we can go...

Still it's given me plenty of ideas for the future so I don't think it has been wasted. Thanks for the sites too, I am going to have a look at them now.

Cheers