BBC Watchdog: On the programme - Monday 30 March

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Your comments
It has been a busy week moderating your responses this week.

I think the way Nicky Campbell handled the live interview with Dr Garry Felgate from the Energy Retail Association on last Monday's programme was spot on. However, lots of you think differently.

Comment 10, Crawleypanzer says: "Why did the Watchdog presenter allow the energy 'suit' to get off so lightly? He said nothing outside of his brief, indeed his appearance on the show was an insult to ALL energy users."

Comment 14, sleepingmiller wrote: " I have a complaint about the way Nicky Campbell questioned (or didn't question) the representative from the energy companies. There were no forceful questions as to why the prices had not fallen in line with the fall in prices to the energy companies."

Comment 23, hothoundz, thinks: "Very disappointed with the lack of pressure Nicky Campbell puts on representatives such as in this report. It would be a good opportunity to really grill them and get them to admit they don't give a damn."

Watch the live interview report and see what you think. And come back to the website on Monday when we'll have more on energy prices.

There weren't many comments on the story about the aggressive techniques used by one company offering help for men with sensitive health problems.

However, the messages are non-stop on the report about Microsoft Xbox 360 - scratched discs. This seems to be a widespread problem for many of you, indeed. Big thanks to those of you sending in solutions to avoid the problem.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/03/xbox_360.html

Comment 9, frazzleadz, wrote: "I used to have this happen all the time when I had my Xbox lying down as you showed on TV. But since I stood it up on end, I have had no more problems in over a year and a half. Hope this helps some people."

Comment 34, suepress, offers a very detailed account of how she was able to get a replacement game for her son, including the following tips: "My advice is to stick to your guns and if the retailer still refuses to accept liability, write to head office and, as a last resort, consider pursuing your claim on the small claims track at the local county court."

Comment 54, dilo247 says: "I have got the solution! This happened to me once with my game. I took the game back to the shop I bought it from. They gave me the same excuse but offered to clean the disc for no cost in one of their advanced disc cleaning machine, this got the game working again, this is the best solution for now."

And apologies to those of you whose comments we didn't publish on the Mould growing in flats report. We can only publish claims that were made in the report featured in the TV programme. However, we will certainly be investigating the new horror stories that you sent in. Lots of them made us squirm in the Watchdog office.

Coming up on the programme
On Monday 30 March we'll have a new set of downloadable letters, so that people can send them to the energy companies and demand to know why bills are still so high when the cost of fuel has come down.

We've yet another shocking twist in the saga of those dangerous sofas. Plus, we've set up a clinic to diagnose people's broadband problems.

Q: & BTW HOW ACCUR8 R TXT Q&A SRVICES?
A: NOT VERY...

We put them to the test.

On the programme - Monday 30 March