Reclaim of car insurance excess

KRPSA

Mar 18, 2009
16.06.08 a large truck hit the back of my hired car from 1CAR1,I had an independant witness stating that this was the 3rd parties fault they hit the rear of my car.
I obtained all the relevant documentation the vehicle was from Latvia insured by Balva I have lots of correspondence but as yet no settlement of this 500 pound sterling excess held by 1CAR1.

My emails are now being ignored both to 1CAR1 and the Balva agents please can you assist.

Further detailed information can be forwarded.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

I am afraid to say that they have gone into administration. All is not lost, but you need to contact the administrators.

M D A Loftus and S A Ellis have been appointed as joint administrators of Local Contract Hire & Leasing Limited (trading as 1Car1) to manage its affairs, business and property as its agents. Both are licensed to act as insolvency practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. The joint administrators act as agents of the Company without personal liability.
If you are a customer wishing to receive more information regarding your booking, please call the helpline on (+44) 113 387 5559. The helpline will be open Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm, Saturday & Sunday 9am - 5pm.

For all other enquiries, please contact PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP on 0113 289 4000.