Eco friendly furniture

jazmin2309

Banned
Dec 23, 2008
It seems that nearly everyone is now trying to "live green" by living a more eco-friendly lifestyle. With increasing globalization and industrialization and the resulting pollution that those things bring about, it's unlikely that being eco-friendly is just a passing fad. One way to live more eco-friendly is by using environmentally friendly furniture.
Most people don't think about being eco-friendly when they purchase furniture, but there is actually quite a bit of very comfortable, yet still environmentally friendly furniture out there.
One of the most popular types of eco-friendly furniture is furniture made from recycled materials. Many furniture manufacturers will use materials, especially wood, that has been recycled to build their furniture. Recycled or reclaimed wood usually comes from things like old barns or other wooden buildings and is stripped down and refinished to be used in furniture. Other examples of recycled included recycled plastic pellets, old building materials or other pieces of old furniture. Other makers of environmentally friendly furniture are careful about what types of finishes they put on their furniture.
Finding comfortable environmentally friendly furniture is becoming much more common and easier to find. In many cases, the eco-friendly furniture is of just as good, if not better quality than regular furniture, and the cost is nearly the same or cheaper. It is the much more environmentally friendly way to go, and can give your home a special uniqueness, while giving you the satisfaction of knowing that you are doing your part to help out the planet.

Jaz

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Surely the most eco-friendly is reused wooden furniture - reused as in secondhand! Auctions are the way to go in the fight against Global warming!!! I must say I haven't been in a while and as i write, my bidding hand is getting very itchy!!!

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Buying less furniture is eco friendly. Too many people just change their furniture on a whim, discarding perfectly good items for the latest trend time and time again. Eco friendly furniture is solid, hard wearing furniture that will hold it's style and last for many years.