Help please damaged goods

honeywright

Aug 8, 2008
Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me.

nearly a month ago I received a delivery which I had ordered from a shop via Amazon. The Item is a chess set costing nearly £300 and was sent via DHL. On opening the base was broken in several places, at which point i stopped unwrapping it.

I called the compant straight away with no answer several times that day.
I was then on holiday for a few days.
On returning I tried calling again with no answer
I sent an email confirming the damage, to which i received a reply saying on the damaged pieces should be sent back due to the size of the item. I replied straight away saying it was the actual base. I have never received any reply in 3 weeks.
I have sent several follow up emails and also left several messages.

This is a birthday present and I need this resolved, can anyone advise what my next steps should be?

Thanks

Sarah

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
If you paid by credit card or PayPal, you may well be insured...see your lender/bank for details.

You may also wish to contact Amazon and complain about the retailer. They may be able to apply a bit of further pressure - particularly as Amazon will not wnat to have their name tainted by using unscrupulous suppliers and it is likely that the sales that the company you bought the goods from will lose A LOT of business if Amazon cuts them lose.

Otherwise, the advice by GG above is good and should be followed.

Good luck!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Sarah,

How are you getting on with this? We have this guide that may be of use: Returning damaged or faulty goods.

For future reference and for others reading this under the distance selling regulations you have a seven day cooling off period with most online purchases. Many consumers do not realise this and many online traders don't realise this either! - Consumer Rights Online in the UK | Consumer Information

If you made your purchase using a credit card then the credit card company is equally liable - Consumer Credit Act: Equal Liability | Consumer Information.

We have produced a guide to buying online here - Online Shopping and Mail Order - Your Consumer Rights | Consumer Information

Do let us know the outcome of this

Best regards,

Tony

Last edited:

Joe

May 9, 2008
Have you managed to get this sorted Sarah? And who is the trader they should me named and shamed.