Good Service

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Just wanted to report something I felt was good service for once...

I recently bought a new monitor for my PC. A Samsung 24 inch monitor. It is lovely and the clarity is excellent. However barely a month after getting it, I have a red line of dead pixels running from top to the bottom of the screen. It doesn't make the computer work any less, but it is a fault and somewhat annoying.

I called the people I bought it from and spoke to a chap who said I had two options. Either his company could come and collect it free of charge and get a replacement for me sorted (but it would take 3-5 days turnaround). I said that was unacceptable as I need the monitor for work as I work from home. So he said that the other option was to contact Samsung direct and they would arrange for an "on site" repair or replacement if the fault cannot be fixed and that way I could still use the PC up until the monitor was fixed or replaced.

I called Samsung and explained the problem. They took my details and have said that a brand new Monitor will be delivered to me as replacement shortly (within a week), they will call me within 3-5 days to arrange delivery and I do not need to give them anything back other than the faulty monitor. So all my cables etc can stay and don't need packing up. They will pick up the faulty monitor at the same time as delivering the replacement.

So after initially being a bit miffed that the company I bought it from couldn't sort it in any less than 3-5 days and would leave me without a monitor, I am now able to work until it is replaced and literally when they turn up with the replacement. I can unplug the faulty one there and then and give it to them.

I was quite pleased at that, so well done Samsung!

Now, here's just hoping it all goes to plan!

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Good Service... Sadly awful Technical Support.

I received my new monitor today. I handed the courier my old one, and took my supposedly new replacement monitor upstairs. Plugged it in.

And it does not work at the resolution it is supposed to. It works fine on lower resolutions but at the higher resolution, which is the one it is supposed to work best at and provide best picture quality, the screen is too large and when auto fixed, the screen scrambles in one side. Utterly useless!

So phoned them back. Asked if I could have a replacement for a replacement monitor. This is supposedly being delivered in 3-5 days.

:mad::mad::mad:

What annoys me is the fault is entirely obvious. My guess is that this has been shipped in as a faulty monitor liked mine. And has not even been checked over properly before being sent out as a replacement.

If I am not 1,000,000% satisfied with the new one, I will be back here asking Tony how to get my money back... Grrr !