None collected goods

Llew

Apr 24, 2009
Good old Ebay, well at least some sellers.

Daughter bid on a bed and won. Arranged collection, but after a 70 mile drive and a 90 minute wait nobody turned up, mobile phone was switched to off.

Seemed they had staff problem, so they sent the bed too us by carrier. When it arrive it was found to be a king not a double, much too big and no mattress to fit. Contacted seller, o'dear they say we will arrange collection.

No money has been paid for the bed and it remains here waiting to be collected.
However we are now week 4. Its taking up needed space, and I've just nearly knocked myself out. The seller will not answer emails, evasive on the phone and keeps making excuses,

So what are my options? Can I charge storage, chuck it on the bonfire or what?

Llew

Apr 24, 2009
Thanks

thanks for the reply, I had searched the net and kept arriving at 6 months. The links provided clarified this point.

Now all I have to do is confirm the address, one of the excuses was they were in the process of moving. I'll log a request at Ebay for the address.

Ebay by the way, wanted us to complete the contract by paying, then log a dispute for faulty/wrong goods. Personally although I respect the need to complete a contract I figured the contract was already broken.

Again thanks for the assistance.