mobile returns policy

mattjarvis

Apr 24, 2009
nottingham
Hiya everyone, sorry but this is a long story lol, is there anyone who can help me? I upgraded my mobile phone with 3mobile over the phone and received my new phone 10 days ago. As soon as I got it (unaware of the t&ts) I poped my sim card in and began to play with it, I noticed that it was a bit slow but thought it was just because it was new. As I started making calls I noticed that I was constanly struggling to get a signal even in my own home where I used to get a full signal with my old 3mobile, was getting cut-off and quite often I was unable to make a call due to no network coverage, eventually I had enough so today I called 3 and whent through some settings but still I have the same problem. I called them back to cancel everything and was persuaded by a lady to change the handset to one that meets my needs however, because of my rubbish phone, I was cut-off whilst in a queue. I called them back and was told by a different lady that I cannot exchange or cancel and that I had to speak to technical guys and she started to tell me about the "cooling off period of 14 days providing I dont use the handset" (which they didnt tell me over the phone when I upgraded just put a tiny flier in the new phone box). I spoke with the technical guys who tried to fob me off with fluctuating signals and then said that nokia are aware of issues with the handset but are yet to cure the problem so they cannot do anything until they get un update, to which I replied not good enough, the phone is faulty, is not good enough for my needs and I dont want it, he then told me he would call me back on monday after speaking with his manager, he asked me wether or not the lady I spoke to before had offered me an exchange. My question is can I cancel my new agreement without charge, or at least change the handset model. If I cant cancel or exchange by law then I would be willing to buy out the contract, am I right in assuming that it would be something like 18 months x £20 + a little cancelation charge. Any help would be fantastic. Thanks for your time everone. :)