Google Adwords

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Google adwords is a brilliant way to get targetted traffic to your website. Here is a voucher code for £30 to try it for free:

It expires on 30/09/08

Tony

red

Aug 22, 2008
Hi Tony,

Does this code work for just new accounts or exisiting counts as well. These vouchers can be well used to dip your toe into adwords. It can be a complex area to those new to it. Careful monitoring is advised from my experience, though can bring good results.

U

Unregistered

These vouchers are usually for new accounts - be careful newbies you can burn this £30 very quickly and much much more. Set daily limits and monitor closely.

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
The usefulness of adwords is very much related to the competition in your field. If you have some heavy hitters who can spend a fortune on this sort of advertising, don't employ the most obvious keywords. You will receive much better results if you go for slightly innovative words and phrases - they may be searched for less but you'll be posted higher in the rankings each tme those keywords are put in.

bmd

Nov 27, 2008
If you choose more specific long tailed keywords with maybe a model number in it for the product you are advertising the price is usually cheaper and it is likely to convert better.

armiston

Nov 21, 2008
Don't ignore misspellings either

I agree, a lot depends on who else is bidding on what you are. Choose slightly off-the-wall words to link with and you might be able to get them cheaper.

Think about the ad copy that you use as well - people clicking through tend to be motivated by concrete offers ("save 50%") than general descriptions.

Joe
magazinesubscriptionoffers.com

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Quality is very important. The keyword you are bidding on should be in the ad title, the ad copy and the landing page. Low quality ads = high prices. Anyway I have another code I can share:

Value: £30
3EXZ-S8GC-K288-4QAD-J4
Valid till: 31/12/08

Enjoy

Tony

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
I work in this field. If you are trying to get a hold on adwords try wordtracker or googles own facility for price estimates on keywords.

Dont be too generic i.e. If you own a company selling tv's dont try and bid on "tv" as this will cost about 5 pound per click and may well not be relevant. If you try a match phrase like "buy cheap flatscreen uk" it will cost you 2.50 but you will get people looking directly for your product and remember to include your keywords and phrases sensibly in your copy.

Adwords are great but dont jump in too quickly - really research lots of keywords and put together an estimate of what you can expect to get for your money and do not get caught in the "No 1. " fever.

P.s Thanks Tony.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Yes I have just seen someone blow £250 on a high-volume very generic terms. Google must make a fortune from newbies

red

Aug 22, 2008
Yes I have just seen someone blow £250 on a high-volume very generic terms. Google must make a fortune from newbies
They must for sure, which is probably the reason for such a rise in these companies who manage adword campaigns.

The problem with these companies is that they often make false claims to entice people. I have had direct experience of this, they didnt realise i knew a little and spotted they were telling porkys.

frdjns74

Feb 18, 2009
We were one of those newbies, we where giving out more than we where earing and got too expensive to keep up, but it really is trial and error, we researched it and use it every now and again but never for too long and is very targeted.

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
That is a very good point. Never trust a company that promises a guaranteed top spot or amount of traffic. Google is an unknown quantity and you can estimate based on previous traffic but you can never guarantee anything with search engines.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Excellent comments. I am new to this area and have found the information here very useful.

So as a newbie on a very tight budget, can anyone recommend other ways to get targeted traffic.

Tracy

Last edited:

red

Aug 22, 2008
Some websites now offer guest blog spots where you can feature articles you write, this can help gain good targeted traffic as most allow a link to your site as credit for the piece.

crag hopper

Nov 29, 2009
There are also many free ways that businesses might advertise there business FREE
create business profile on google and create a google map listing
free yell.com entry
free bt trade entry
advertise services on ebay free
craigslist
gumtree
touchlocal

Whatever you do avoid a company called dotcomchrome who are a google adword reseller