Password frustration but is Keepsafe safe

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I'm tired of trying to remember all the website usernames and passwords I have created over the years. I am constantly requesting password reminders and then waiting for them to arrive in my inbox. It's frustrating and time consuming.

I have recently come across a free program called Keepsafe which is suggested as a safe and secure way to manage all my passwords. Basically, it stores all my usernames and passwords behind one master password. I have tried it out and it's easy to use, and if used to it's full potential would be useful and time saving. The program also has an excellent feature that copies and pastes my login information in to the relevant website.

I have yet to use the program to it's full capacity as I have my doubts. I am wary of entering all of my usernames and passwords in to one program that sits on my desktop. I suppose I am looking for reassurance that this program is safe and secure and could never be hacked in to in any way. The repercussions of anyone having access to the login information of every website I am registered with is unthinkable.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I have never used that, but I ave something similar called an IronKey. It is an encrypted USB pendrive than includes your passwords and a copy of firefox. You can upload them to their site as a backup - very safe. The great thing is you have them with you so you can use it with any PC.

www.ironkey.com

Tony