Howdy folks

Tipples

May 4, 2009
I did include a short intro on my first post, but as this is really to place to do it, I'll make the effort to say hello here too :)

I'm Charlotte (Charli), 24, from East Yorkshire. I live with my fiancé, and our dog - a black pug named Fonzy (he is the expert in eating, sleeping, leaving dog hair everywhere and looking so cute you can't get mad at him for it!)

I work in Local Government as a Benefits Assessor (now office-based), and have also been a visiting officer in the same capacity, advising residents in our region re: benefit and money advice, and also completing forms for different benefits/services and processing applications for Council Tax & Housing Benefit.

I wish I had found this site under happier circumstances (my first few posts will enlighten you on what I mean by this), but I am sure, that much like another consumer advice forum I am registered with, it will prove to be an invaluable resource for advice and info, as well as a place that I may be able to share what experiences/advice I have to offer to others.

Cheerie Bye!

Charli

Last edited:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Welcome to the forum Charli, I'll head off and read your other posts now. But with your background I guess you will be a big asset to the forum : ) I bet you are busy at the moment

Tony

Tipples

May 4, 2009
Welcome to the forum Charli, I'll head off and read your other posts now. But with your background I guess you will be a big asset to the forum : ) I bet you are busy at the moment

Tony
Thank you for the welcome!

Yes we are currently dealing with significantly higher numbers of claims, as a result of which we are unfortunately about two weeks behind with work. Although, some other councils (not naming names) are up to seven weeks behind. It is a harsh reality, but I feel that those employed in the benefits services, are some of the few people with any real sense of job security right now - sad, but true.

If anyone here did require advice regarding benefits, I would be more than happy to try and help :)