Dell laptop

AGOSTINI

May 7, 2009
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice if I may. I have a new 3 week old Dell laptop which has some problems which given the fact that it is brand new shouldn't be happening. Am i within my rights to refuse a warranty repair and return for a refund so I can buy a different make ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Seeda

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
Check your garantee, but that would not be a normal option in most cases. If you could prove that the product was faulty at the time of sale, you would have a possibility.
However, Dell are keen on maintaining a good reputation, so you may be able to talk to their customer relations dept and get your money back. Keeping all the original packing would be a help.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Seeda,

It is worth trying as HappyWriter says, but in terms of your rights it might be difficult to reject the item and get a refund as you have had it for three weeks. You have to give them the opportunity to repair it.

Tony

Devon2811

Jun 29, 2009
Dell

We purchased a DELL 1525 July 08 within weeks we had a new motherboard, by DEC 08 we had 2 more motherboards and an opical drive.We then demanded a replacement as they had over 3 attempts at repair. This was agreed DEC08, May 09 a replacement finally arrived. We then had a replacement palm rest and opitcal drive!! Customer care and satisfactiuon is not something that DELL are interested in, they have done what their warranty states. The fact that we have not had a working lap-top for nearly a year is of NO INTEREST TO THEM!
If you can go back to where you purchased it and demand a refund or replacement with another make. You dont want to be stuck in the DELL loop!
We are just wating to see how long this one lasts!

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
It sounds as though you had really bad luck. Dell have a good reputation generally - they have been around a lot, and that only happens to companies that do well on average.
The lack of a 'shop' has always put me off, but I bought a Dell laptop which I am happy with after 15 mnths of no trouble.