Sleeveless

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Thinking about bras set me thinking generally - somehow consumer demand isn't working when it comes to women's clothes. They are still styled towards size 12 and under, when the majority of women are 14 and over. The spendong power is with the over forties, and yet stylists dress under thirties - in lamb's clothes!
Most women say they do not like to show their upper arms, and yet sleeveless dresses have dominated the racks for years - and this is a purely economic consideration to benefit the manufacturer, as setting in a sleeve is the most expensive part of the labour cost equation.
I would pay a bit more to get a sleeve - give me the choice.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Good point. As I get older I am finding it more and more difficult to find clothes that I look and feel good in. I don't want to wear skinny little vests and hipster jeans, but I don't want to wear pleated skirts and cardigans either. There seems to be very little in between.

I'd love to shop online for clothes, to avoid the despair of spending hours trailing around endless inappropiate shops and finding nothing suitable. The problem is when the clothes arrive, they never fit, as sizes vary so much from one retailer to the next, and they never look like they did in the picture. So then comes the hassle of packing the clothes up and arranging a return and refund.