BBC Watchdog: On the programme - Monday 11 May

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
In the news
Big thanks to everyone who downloaded the Watchdog template letters asking utility companies to reduce the cost of household bills. Let's hope this helped with the news story this week that British Gas has cut electricity bills.

Read the full story: British Gas electricity bills cut

From saving pounds to avoiding putting on the pounds, Le Whiff brings you a sniffable chocolate. You can inhale the scent to satisfy your sweet-tooth cravings with zero calories.

So what does it mean - the whiff? Read the frequently asked questions. And see what some people think about the chocolate inhaler on their blogs:

It's good news for consumers after Marks & Spencer admitted it had boobed and agreed to end its policy of charging more for larger bras following a campaign by customers.
Read the story: Victory for customers in bra war.

Your comments
If Franz Kafka were alive today he'd be writing about customer service, says comment 11 - rhaywarduk, quoting Jonathan Alter. And rhaywarduk isn't the only one to join in discussion about what has become Watchdog's annual test of company customer service lines. Lots of you have been complaining about the length of time you're kept waiting on the phone, although in defence of people working in call centres, comment 19 - mysterious fish - says: People only ever call to complain. Most of my day is spent being shouted at, even abused by customers I'm trying to help! It is very rare someone says thank you to me and I've been in this call centre five years. We are human and it hurts to be abused by customers but we have no choice but to take it."

Read all the complaints and stories on the customer service questionnaire results report.

More than a hundred people have commented on the DVLA update report sharing stories about the licences turning up with the wrong photo, name or expiry date on them.

Comment 9 - eclectricMcGarry - poses a question: "My wife has a medical condition. She applied for a new licence and included details from her doctor. She was told she could only have a three-year licence due to her condition. She received a TEN-year licence. Should she own up?"

If you have a view on this, share your answer with electricMcGarry.

Coming up on the programme
On Monday 11 May we will look at two budget airlines: one that's demanding over £4,000 from a passenger just for falling ill, and another that wants you to pay twice for your ticket.

Plus, the premium-rate phone lines looking to charge you £25 for information that's freely available from the Government. And the ten-year-old Jonas Brothers fan left distraught by Disney.

Watch the programme on Monday at 7.30pm on BBC One.

On the programme - Monday 11 May