Thermostat is the Best way to Lower Energy Bills

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
According to an article highlighted by The Energy Saving Trust here
the single most effective way to reduce energy consumption, and therefore cost, is to lower the thermostats! Simple.
Since oil went up so much, I have also set our heating to come on 10 mins later and go off 30 mins earlier, without any noticeable discomfort.
I am - nag that I be - encouraging the age old habit of wearing jumpers in the winter!!!! I am verging on using the word 'vest' but haven't dared yet. This may seem like an unseasonable post, but the wind in Wales is biting today!!!

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Thanks for that Georgina. Since reading your post I have lowered my thermostat and set the heating to come on 30 minutes later and go off 30 minutes earlier.

For many months I have been making more of an effort to reduce my energy consumption, not leaving things on standby, switching off lights that are not in use, changing to a cheaper supplier, switching to paperless bills and so on.

hip-consultant.co.uk

Premium Member
Mar 13, 2009
www.hip-consultant.co.uk
Low energy lighting can save more than one can imagine. Many complain about the type of light given off, however after what is a small level of adjustment one soon gets used to it in my opinion.

At present some shops are almost giving these bulbs away, 3 for a £1. If you had 10 fixed lighting points in your home, you could potentially save £50 - £100 per year.