The "good guys" thread

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
We're all quick enough to complain when things go wrong so I thought we should also make an effort to highlight when things go right with consumer issues. For example...I ordered two bottles of wine from Noel Young Wines on Sunday, and they turned up on Tuesday morning, following a personal phone call from the owner to check an issue with my bank card.

Given the hassle I've had sometimes with shopping online, I thought this was pretty impressive, and wondered if anyone else had examples of good service they wanted to share?

(Please note: I have no connection with Noel Young Wines and they are not paying me to write this!)

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
I'd also like to trumpet Thornton's online delivery service. A friend sent my wife some chocolates with them after they'd finished their OFSTED inspection, but they failed to arrive on time, as they'd been damaged in transit. A phone call later and the following day, they arrived first thing in the morning, and by way of an apology, they sent a my friend the same pack of chocolates free.

The best thing though was that she had ordered the chocolates where you can put your own message onto them, and she had asked for "Hooray Ofsted's Over!" to be written. We actually received "Hooray! Ofsted's Lover!" Which had me rolling on the floor with laughter!

So while I can't guarantee total accuracy in the message, they did at least compensate and were very apologetic. It also wasn't their fault the first batch were damaged (it happened at the despatch centre of the courier).

And they were very yummy too!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I've heard loads of complaints about them but my pat on the back goes to Orange.

My dopey son left his PAYG mobile on a train, needless to say it wasn't handed in, one phone call to Orange and his phone was blocked, new sim card received the next day with all his contacts and details on it, they replaced the credit he had and gave him further credit for games he had downloaded - I was well impressed for the first time ever with a mobile phone provider!!!

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
Here's another pat on the back for good service - I used Flat2Flat Removals for my house move at the weekend, and I was taken aback at their service. They arrived promptly, shifted all of my stuff out of storage carefully and competently, were really friendly and even helped me carry the things I'd taken in the car into the house. The whole thing only cost me £155 - frankly I've no idea how they make any money.

I'm afraid this only helps those of you in Glasgow, as they're a local firm, but still, highly recommended.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Got to add to this one with the same guys again!! Broke down again this morning (I think that's twice in two weeks!) and the wonderful AA were, yet again, lovely. I'm not sure if they'll start charging me extra if I leave the lights on again though!

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
u-handbag,com

I do a lot of shopping online, and I do a lot of craft. No supplier beats U-handbag for speed of delivery! Yesterday I had an idea for a clutch bag, ordered the frame at lunchtime, and had it in the post today. Brilliant!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I had to add Le Creuset to this. I have one of those leverpull corkscrews that comes with a ten year guarantee. The level of service each time I have had to send it back (twice but we get through a lot of wine!) has been absolutely brilliant.

Hughesy

Feb 18, 2010
it's nothing to do with wine but i'm really happy with my bank! (i know, right!)

I'm with Nationwide and they're brilliant!!!!

(Obviously i dont own nationwide building society or work for them):D

Hughesy

Feb 18, 2010
the bank charges are minimal and they dont perster me with sales calls, whenever i need to speak to them o just go in the branch and do everything form there. I can also use the internet banking and all that.

The main reason for my opinion is that i've been with loads of banks (just like everyone) and hated them all, except this one. i'm not the only one check this out

As you can see all the other banks het like 1.0 and natiowide gets 3.4 out of 5.
:D:cool:

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I quite like Egg. I would probably prefer them if they would give me a lower interest rate on my loan and card but every time I speak to them they're nice.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Sorry, I have to add Kwik Fit to this category. My car broke down today and the Kwik Fit people were wonderful. Having said that, I'm only vouching for them on a hospitable front as they didn't actually fix my car the AA did but they just let me stay there for a few hours while I waited for AA man to turn up! Thanks guys!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Forgot to mention the AA again after all that! We're practically on first name terms now.

Pickle

Sep 12, 2011
I have to say I was pleased with the way Comet handled my complaint at the weekend.

We bought a new tv yesterday and after being home a couple of hours, unpacked it and found the screen to be smashed.

We took it back and there was absolutley no quibble about exchanges and I got an apology as well. Not bad service considering what I have seen on here so far.

Gendalough

Sep 30, 2011
I think Argos are the best company for "returns" I have shopped with. Quick and seamless like all customer/service relationships should be!

Limeblue

Apr 30, 2012
I have to commend Berghaus.
I purchased a suitcase 4 years ago. Used it lots. Managed to drag it over a stone which jammed the wheel. I continued to drag it and wore the wheel flat. Totally my own fault.
I emailed them asking if there were spares I could purchase.
Within 2 hours I had an email saying that the case was no longer in production, but they had some wheels and could I send them my address.
I asked the price, but was told they would just post a wheel out.

2 days later I had 2 brand new wheels delivered totally free!!!!

Cannot commend Berghaus highly enough for extraordinary service

gradnwitc

Jul 16, 2013
Wanted to Mention First Direct. Top notch customer service, helped me with a number of problems. A lot better then my old bank where you coudl only do things by appoinment.

gracetaylor

Jun 10, 2013
Netflix - I signed up for two accounts in error as I'd omitted a letter from my email address the first time without realising.
I phoned them all gun blazing thinking it was their error and they'd let me sign up twice with the same email. They were very helpful, pointed out my error and refunded me straight away.