Kiddicare and faulty pushchair

muttley

May 14, 2009
Hello everyone.

2 months ago I bought a pushchair but within 2 weeks it developed a fault. i contacted kiddicare who arranged for it to be returned and inspected. A week later and they returned after "repairing" it (supergluing it).

A few days later and it broke again so i contacted Kiddicare who arranged for the manufacturer, Cosatto to ring us. Cosatto called and arranged for collection. 2 weeks later they returned the pushchair with the same superglue repair.

Surprise surprise it broke again with in a week and after going through kiddicare's rigoramole of contacting them with a picture and sending and receiving e-mails with yet another photo over several days they eventually collected it. i told them I would not be happy with a repair but either a replacement or refund will do.

I received an email with a code for the price of the pushchair. I contacted them back and they replied with

"Sorry as advised buy the service manager an as you are over the 28 days refund policy you have been issued with a promotion code to goods to the value of,which has been sent to you so you can go on line and purchased other items to the value of the code."

The puschair is now £25 more expensive on their website so I went out to mothecare and bought one but how do I get my money back?

Thanks in advance

Muttley

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Muttley,

The standard order is repair, replace (like-for-like) and finally refund (with cash). I guess they are a small organisation and may not understand the law, so you may need to send them a letter which I am happy to help draft.

Tony

muttley

May 14, 2009
Thanks for the reply Tony. Kiddicare are not a small outfit they are just trying to fob me off. i would appreciate any help with sending a strong letter to them.

Muttley

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Kiddiecare Complaint Letter

Interesting they claim to be the No1 baby site in the UK and I have never heard of them and they have 96% customer satisfaction.

Customer Services
Club Way
Cygnet Park
Hampton
Peterborough
Cambs
PE7 8JA

Dear Sir/Madam,

On 23/03/09, I bought a buggy from your which is not of satisfactory quality.

The buggy was repaired twice but on both occasions the repair failed and you offered a refund in vouchers.

As you will be aware a refund should be in cash to return me to the position I was in before the sale took place. This is defined in the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Please replace my buggy with the same make and model or provide me with a cash refund within 14 days from receipt of this letter otherwise I will be forced to start a small claim against Kiddiecare.

A copy of the receipt is attached.

Yours faithfully