3 Mobile - Faulty Handset

DigitalGaz

May 14, 2009
Hey there,

Looking for a little advice please.

I took out a contract with 3 not long ago and all was fine with my handset up until my second month of having it. The internal speaker just stopped working with the handset (which i discovered is a common fault) and the keypad was also not functioning correctly.

So i took it back and had it sent off for repair and got it back within a reasonable time and all was well.

Just under a month later the same keypad fault occurs on my handset again, so back to the shop i go and have it sent off again. I get the handset back and it's working again.

Now yet again less than a month later the keypad is faulty again and also the internal speaker stops working again. By this point i'm not too pleased so return to my dealer and speak with a member of staff (who i find out is the manager)

I explain the history of the handset and he says he would like to send it off for repair. I explain that i would rather not do that as from my point of view it seems they can't get it repaired correctly as i have the same two recurring faults and i would prefer a replacement handset, not a different model just the same one but a replacement. He tells me "no chance of that happening" which i find is a rather unprofessional mannar. He explains if he was just to replace it he would be fired (which i think is a flat out lie) and that all handsets must be sent away 3 times for repair and then "we could maybe look at getting a replacement"

So my handset is away for repair at the moment but i have to say i'm really not at all happy with the level of service i have recieved and i'm wondering if i am indeed within my rights to get a replacement handset (same model) or if i do have to lie back and accept this run around i'm recieving?

Sorry for the long winded explanation, any advice appreciated!

Gary