Ryanair leaves passengers high and dry

annieharris

Jun 12, 2009
Ryanair...yes, another horror story...

Friend and I went to Ireland for 4 days via Ryanair - utterly rural B&B, no internet access etc, total escape from rat-race as planned - arrived at airport at 11.30am for 1pm flight back to Luton - only to be told that the flight time had been changed to 10am, and thus plane had left without us??? Had returned hire car, stuck in airport in middle of nowhere, both due back at work the next day.

Ryanair staff completely rude and unhelpful - one young female was even suppressing a smile while we were having heated debates with her manager??
I am not a violent person but.....

Insisted they had e-mailed us 3 times in the last 2 months, wrote those dates on scrap of paper but refused to show us her computer screen re; evidence, or print off that information. I had checked my e-mails on morning of flight out for a work-related e-mail, and CERTAINLY would have noticed any e-mails from Ryanair in the preceding weeks/months related to our trip to Ireland.

They refused to help in any way, said that it was our responsibility to check our e-mails - and then we read a notice stuck to their desk which stated that they had been experiencing IT problems which may have affected the success of e-mails getting through to customers?? They didn't even get the irony of this when we pointed out how ridiculous their stance was.

Upshot - we had to get flight back to Gatwick that evening (leaving us 60 miles from home, instead of the 20 miles between Luton and home), then 2 trains and a taxi home, total additional cost each of £60+, which they have still refused to refund.

I will never fly with them again, and take every opportunity - such as this - to make sure other people don't have their holidays ruined by Ruinair as we did...