Toys

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I saw a site the other day ( a start up company where they rent out a toy box and come and swap it when you give them a call) and it made me realise that a good way to save money would be to set up a toy swapping group with other friends with similar aged children. So I'm going to get on the phone to mums I know, invite them around for a glass of wine and arrange a toy swapping session for a few weeks. I just thought this way clutter would be kept to a minimum, costs to a minimum and it's quite a nice social event! Of course if nobody wants anything I've got it may be quite embarrassing. :)

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Good idea, Rachelle. I hope it goes well.

When my daughter was young, I used to have a large plastic box in the corner of the kitchen. I'd throw cereal boxes, egg boxes, pieces of wood, paper and card, cellotape, glue and paints into the box, pretty much anything that wasn't dangerous. 'The making box', we used to call it, and it kept her good for many hours over many years.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That's a wonderful idea too TracyG. I had been meaning to go down to Woolies for all my bits of glue and paper, etc as some of the well known sites like ELC seem a wee bit pricy for all that kind of stuff. But obviously Woolies is no longer there I'm on the look out for the next best thing for stocking up on arts and crafts for children. I'm going to stop throwing out my cereal boxes for recycling - they'd be great for painting up and sticking things on. Cheers!