Just Engraved - no reply

mandymoo13

May 20, 2009
I ordered two compact mirrors from Just Engraved and wanted them to be engraved with initials and a short message for my mum and mother in-law for our wedding. They turned up the day before the wedding and had spelling mistakes on them. I've tried contacting them numerous times to get a refund or at least get them to replace them with the correct wording and have heard nothing back. Is there anything else I can do to try and get my money back? It's been 3 weeks now. Any ideas would be greatly received.

flump

Jul 11, 2009
Hi

I hope you don't mind me emailing but just found your post on the consumer forum. I wondered whether you ever received your goods from Just Engraved as I am currently going through the same situation with them. I ordered a personalised 70th birthday present for my dad which I needed for this weekend, was emailed by them to say that I would receive it within 5 working days and guess what? I haven't! I've spent the last week trying to contact them by email and phone but no-one ever answers the number on the site and no replies to emails. I am trying to find out whether they are just very slow and rubbish at communicating and pressie may still turn up, or whether to report them as a scam company so any information would be really helpful.

Many thanks,

Jo

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If you paid by Visa you can do a chargeback as long as no more than 120 days has passed. If it is over £100 and you paid by credit card you can make a claim under section 75 of the consumer credit act.

Apologies Mandy - only just spotted this.

Tony

Happy Travels

Jul 17, 2009
Just Engraved - rubbish and worth reporting

Likewise I have also purchased gifts from the website, paid for 5 day delivery and a month later I'm still waiting. No answer on emails or telephone.:mad:

They are worth reporting. I have searched Companies House and they're not a registered company, but possibly a sole trader.

If anyone can find any more info on who the proprietor is or another contact please let us all know.

schloofer

Jul 23, 2009
problems too!

Has anyone had a result with this company? - I am also having problems with them. Please let me know! thanks :)

Claret

Jul 24, 2009
Same problem here

I too placed an order for 2 engraved pens for 'father of the bride' and 'father of the groom' for my wedding. I placed the order at the end of June and haven't received my order or a refund. I did receive the email saying it will be delivered in 5 days. I have emailed and called them to find out what is going on and there has been no response from them.

I did get in contact with Nochex who I made the payment through and they have said that they have contacted Justengraved for me and that we had to give them 7 days to respond, so I have to wait until Monday 27th. I'll let you know if I hear anything or get my money back.

Have a lovely weekend all
Claret

schloofer

Jul 23, 2009
I had a result

Luckily enough I paid through paypal, and after several attempts to contact them and no replies to emails or calls I made a dispute through paypal. All of a sudden I get an email to say I should have received my item already and that it has already been sent. Low and behold I recieved it this morning. It hadn't already been sent....the post mark was yesterday! This company is obviously either trying to get away with not sending items and hoping people don't chase it up, or are simply some kind of incompetent firm. I hope that you all get a result. Thankfully my item came out fine, but I would recommend making a dispute and maybe this guy will eventually send the goods out. Good luck!

P.S. I have made him aware that I found some very negative comments about his company too!

cs4710

Jul 29, 2009
terrible

I too am having serious trouble with this company and my wedding is just weeks away.

We have had no reply to any e mails and the phone number we have is cut off.

I have reported them to Trading Standards in Slough for follow up and am looking for my money back as i paid on credit card :mad::mad::mad:

cathy pendlebury

Jul 29, 2009
i have got exactly the same problem with just engraved, i ordered an engraved photoframe for my husbands birthday 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. i paid extra for 5 working days delivery.
When you ring a message says ' the destination equipment is switched off' and they do not reply to my emails. This is so frustrating.
I paid through paypal so i have registered a dispute and i am hoping eventually i will get my money back but not holding out much hope.
The worst thing about this is you can still go onto the website and order, as i have tried this and got as far as payment details, the website should be closed down but i don't know who to report them to.
I will try trading standards next
cathy

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It sounds like they may have closed down if the phones are not connected. Let us know what TS say?

cs4710

Jul 29, 2009
awaiting responses

Well still nothing from TS but they said it can take up to ten days to reply so i will wait.

Nochex got back to me today and like everyone else i have to wait to see if the company reply to them in seven days.

Either way, I'm quite determined so i will get my money back. I just cannot believe the website is still up for trading. to me it is just theft on their part, especially as they no doubt know of all these problems everyone is having.

Victoria

Aug 3, 2009
I am also having problems with Just Engraved. I have ordered a number of items for my wedding which is in less than three weeks. I have been emailing to ask where my order is, but surprise surprise, no response and, as someone said earlier, the number doesn't work. Check this out - look at the top entry: .google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&hs=MJG&q=just+engraved&btnG=Search&meta=]just engraved - Google Search[/url] . Gonna contact Nochex and my bank.

cs4710

Jul 29, 2009
a response!

After threatening police action against the company i have had a short response stating i will get a full refund shortly.

i will keep you posted.:D

Victoria

Aug 3, 2009
Nice one! :) I have just filled in a 'Dispute Form' with my bank over the phone, but this could take 3 months and they can't consider it fraudulent as I technically paid Nochex! However, I emailed Just Engraved to say I would be taking action and within 15 minutes received a reply saying my order will be with me this week! Won't hold my breath though.

cs4710

Jul 29, 2009
no refund yet

:mad:so iogot the reply stating i would get a refund - this has not happened yet.

i e mail stating this being the case and now one of the e mail addresses isn't working.

i'm not happy at all but will carry on e mailing him at the 'sales' address.

am yet to hear anything from TS.:mad::mad:

Victoria

Aug 3, 2009
Well, after their promise of delivery this week, my order still hasn't arrived.:mad: I see the phone number has been removed from the site. I've lodged a complaint with Consumer Direct and am going to contact Watchdog and Trading Standards in Slough. I have written them another email, stating this and making clear how appalling I think their conduct has been. I also told them I know that they are treating others like this thanks to a Consumer Complaints Forum. I've pretty much given up on getting my order now, but am determined to get my £90 back. I contacted .engravedgiftideas.com, as there was a link to them on the Just Engraved site to explain the situation and ask if they knew anything about Just Engraved. The woman who replied said they aren't affiliated with them, but have simply supplied them with goods a few times. She said she'd received a few emails like mine in the last month. She kindly gave me a 50% discount code in case I want to order from them if my J.E. order doesn't come. I might use it, but am a bit wary... Can't find any negative reviews about them online though. This link has since been removed from the J.E. site.

miss_shopping_bags

Aug 10, 2009
I ordered a pen from justengraved and despite the payment being taken I did not get my order. I emailed 2 weeks later very politely asking what the delay was and I had no reply. After a month I emailed them stating that I was appalled and would not let the matter lie.

If you pay through paypal then you can go on their website and open a dispute which can then turn into a claim as long as less than 45 days have passed, however before I had the chance to do this paypal emailed me saying I was being refunded the full amount which included my postage.

So if you pay through paypal at least you have a shot at getting your money back but I don't think there's much chance of receiving an apology from justengraved...

Victoria

Aug 3, 2009
I made a complaint to Consumer Direct. This is the legal advice they sent:
Based on the information you have provided the key legal points in response to your enquiry are as follows:

In the first instance, it would be a good idea to check any terms and conditions that the trader has in place. By going ahead with the service, you would legally be regarded as having read and agreed to abide by the terms and conditions. As such, you should check these to find out what obligations you and the trader have in this contract.
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, where you have purchased goods without face-to-face negotiations or the opportunity to inspect the goods beforehand, you might have the right to cancel the contract when the goods are not delivered in a 30 day time period, where a delivery date is not prearranged. If you cancel in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations, a trader has 30 days in which to return monies paid.
In the first instance, it would be a good idea to write a formal letter to the trader stating your cancellation in accordance with these Regulations and requesting a full refund. You should give the trader a reasonable deadline in which time you are seeking written confirmation of this and to provide details of any collection/returns procedure, such as fourteen days. It is advisable to retain copies of correspondence sent, and obtain proof of postage for your records.

I did check the terms&conditions. It actually gave me a good laugh because their claims are so far from the truth. Do have a look!

cs4710

Jul 29, 2009
arghghghghghgh!

i am getting so frustrated. i spoke with TS who have now advised me to send a legal sletter to the cocompany with a deadline for my refund. if this doesn't happen then i am to contact ts again.

no refund and no word from the company. surprise surprise the number has been taken off the website.

i will not let this lie :mad::mad::mad: