Can switching utilities frequently really benefit.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
I receive several calls each month from utilities suppliers trying to sell us cheaper solutions to our personal utility consumption.
Having tried a few, we have now concluded that the disruption is not worth the trouble. I would appreciate other people's opinions on this.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I would love to hear differently from other people but I'm of the same opinion as you on this. I have swapped a few times but each time any money that I am meant to be saving seems to be offloaded by the huge end of account bills that I get sent. I never ever walk away feeling as though I have benefitted from the changeover.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I tend to agree. I too have switched utilities providers a few times and been left feeling out of pocket and as though I have been taken for a mug. The problem is, I do want to try and get the best possible deal on gas and electric.

red

Aug 22, 2008
I do swap energy providers from time to time but not as often as some i have read about. It does seem to me that energy prices will rise over time at quite a fast pace. This was interesting reading though it must be remembered who produced the research. - Prevent you energy bills rising to £5k a year

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
I guess that there should really be an easy answer to "what is the cheapest supplier if I use x kw/hrs per month?" Just goes to show how marketing can complicate a simple question into an indecisive answer.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Being the sad git I am, I produced a spreadsheet which would work out how much it would cost me to use x units a month for each supplier no matter how they price their services.

I admit tho I change more through bad customer service than price and I have noticed that the utility companies are now insisting on minimum contract periods which they never used to.

Doodaa

Oct 7, 2009
I have recently visited a website called QuoteWarehouse.co.uk and I got a quote to change electricity suppliers and apparently I could have saved £310 by changing to an online dual fuel tariff, but I am not techonology friendly and prefer to do things the old fashioned way by paper bills! Has anyone else heard of this website and what do we think? Thanks